BakeTool 2.5 Released for Blender 3.0!

@vitorbalbio Any news on the integration of OIDN? When do you estimate it being integrated?Thanks

Meanwhile, does anyone know how we can do denoising with OIDN without official updated version?

I made an Addon that uses AI Denoise for Lightmap and AO Baking and also auto generates the material nodes.

1 Like

Interesting your addon, I’ll look into it as soon as I can.
It would be nice to have a Denoise in Baketool as well.
I’d like to take this opportunity to share a recent article on Baketool.

Hi guys!
We’re looking for alternatives to implement denoise in Baketool soon. We will keep you guys informed.

1 Like

Hi
I can’t get BakeTool 2.2 to work on Mac OSX. There is no error, the console says:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/Applications/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py”, line 201, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
AttributeError: Calling operator “bpy.ops.baketool.bakeindividual” error, could not be found

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/Applications/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py”, line 201, in call
AttributeError: Calling operator “bpy.ops.baketool.bakeindividual” error, could not be found

Blender quit

thanks!

FULL CONSOLE:

--------------------- STATUS CHECK -----------------

Info: Saved “untitled.blend”

-----------------------------PROCESS JOB --------------------------------

------------------------ BAKE INDIVIDUAL -----------------------------

Blender 2.83.0 (hash 211b6c29f771 built 2020-06-03 15:05:55)

Read prefs: /Users/****Library/Application Support/Blender/2.83/config/userpref.blend

found bundled python: /Applications/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/python

No addon key configuration space found, so no custom hotkeys added.

WARN (bpy.rna): /Users/gast/blender-buildbot/mac_x86_64_10_9_cmake/blender.git/source/blender/python/intern/bpy_rna.c:1479 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘0’ matches no enum in ‘BlenderCloudProjectGroup’, ‘’, ‘project’

File “/Applications/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py”, line 351, in enable

mod = import(module_name)

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘rprblender’

Read blend: /Users/*****/Desktop/bake/V1_test/untitled.blend

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):

File “”, line 1, in

File “”, line 1, in

Blender quit

Make sure you set the baketol on in the user preferences and save the settings. Baketool need to be set on by default to work since it opens another blender instance in background.
Next time contact is in Blendermarket. We have a nice channel there for ous customers.

Hi,
Is it planned in the next version to add a denoiser?

Didn’t test implement it yet. But i already added support to enable/disable passes and fixed the Custom Outputs. Also I want to implement a fast bake operator to rapid generate the AO and other maps without setup all the job.

4 Likes

will baketool add baking lightmap functions? current solution for baking lightmap is tedious and repetitive. and we need to manually select correct UV one by one. hopefully we could have a nice lightmap baking option!!

About this one, if you have a naming convention for your UV channels, you can set a default value line 147 of __init.py__

(if your channels names are a little messy, my ReTiCo addon could help you - note that this functionnality had a little bug fixed in in-dev version)

2 Likes

Lightmap means a lot of different things based on what you want. One thing that can help with this if the build in setup doesn’t help is that I fixed the Custom output for next release. So you can setup custom AOVs to bake using nodes.

By the way, how this custom output works? I don’t see mention of it on the doc. I just tried this, but it does nothing:

The prop description talks about “Try to find the output node with this name and assign it to bake on this pass”, that’s why I renamed and labelled the second Material Output.

Work just like you expected but It stopped work in latest versions. I already fixed it for next release.

1 Like

Yeah! This feature will actually simplify my workflow on some projects, I should have tested it a long time ago :smiley:

Actually I just made a tiny script which can help waiting for the feature to come back. It allows you to enable or not a material output with a custom label (you have to keep the default material output label empty).

Script is available here.

1 Like

Hi!

BakeTool 2.3 is here with some improvements and fixes celebrating 6 Years of Free Updates!
Thank you all guys for your support.

• Fixed and Improved Custom Output/AOVs
  • Show Message when Cycles is not the current Render Engine
  • Added Enable/Disable Per Pass
  • Speedup and correct reports when baking with disabled jobs

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Tiny tips about the installation: even with Auto-Save Preferences enabled, you have to click on Save Preferences after the Baketool installation (or reboot Blender)

(yea I know the readme tells us After Install the addon you NEED TO SET IT ON AS DEFAULT AND SAVE THE PREFERENCES. Otherwise it will not work. :wink: )

Hi!
Baketool 2.4 version was released with support to Blender 2.91.
Notice that due API changes it is not compatible with Blender 2.83LTS anymore. If you are using LTS versions please keep using Baketool 2.3.

1 Like

Hey - thanks for the update to 2.91
but it doesnt work for me.
console gives me:

Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.91\2.91\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 132, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
AttributeError: Calling operator "bpy.ops.baketool.bakeindividual" error, could not be found