Baking a Displacement Map

Is it possible to bake a displacement map from a high-poly mesh to a low poly-mesh in Blender the same way you bake a normal map? I’m finding conflicting information and it appears if it is possible that it must be a newer development? If anyone can give me a heads up on this and preferably a good tutorial, I’d be grateful.

Is it possible to bake a displacement map from a high-poly mesh to a low poly-mesh in Blender the same way you bake a normal map?
Yes. Also can just use different levels of a multiresolution modifier rather the separate high/low res models

and it appears if it is possible that it must be a newer development?
No, been there a long long time

If anyone can give me a heads up on this and preferably a good tutorial, I’d be grateful.
Since you know how to bake normal maps, just change the bake mode to displacement

Ok, I figured it had to be the same as normal maps. I’ll give it another go and see if I can’t figure out what I’m missing. Thanks.

???,??? ??????,prada ??????1???,??? ??? ???,Isabel Marant Sneakers? ???,Isabel Marant Australia? ,???.? ???,??? ?????,??? ??????,mcm ???? ???,???(puma)??? ???,??? ?? ?????,??? 1? ???: ???10??? ??? ??? ??? ???Fritz Mobus??

How do you go about using a baked displacement map? Not working too well in cycles with the nodes. I guess it must be something you just use the displacement modifier on, right?

If you are having issues with the cycles displacement, you still have the option of using the displacement modifier.