Baking UV textures in 2.57b

Not sure if there is a tutorial or not out there. I see one for normal maps at Blender Cookie.
Pretty much what I’m trying to do is make a high poly model that is textured and unwrapped already(Its a model I ripped from a game). Then I need to have a low poly version but keep the uv textures. Only way I can think of is to bake the high poly texture onto the low poly version but Im not sure how. I’m new to all this baking stuff.
I used the decimate modifier to make it have lower polys.
Please help. Thanks.

Does anyone bake textures from a high poly model even?

This shows baking one texture to another object with different topology and UVs (in this case demonstrated with a mesh that is decimated to create different topology/UVs) http://www.screencast.com/users/blenderwho/folders/Jing/media/8999e39f-0a49-464a-b558-e3ac2bcc8c4f

Thanks but that link didnt work.

Don’t use the decimate mod - it creates chaotic geometry. Also, don’t steal models.

hold on a sec lol. What! Stealing. Im not stealing. What Im doing is legal as far as I know.I could be wrong. Im not selling it or anything and in fact Im only doing this as a favor to someone. I make papercraft models from video games at times for people. I always say what game its ripped from when I released the papercraft. I dont steal models and say they are my own ever. Man thats kinda insulting when you dont know what my Im doing. Thanks:)
So if knowone wants to help thats alright.

Its a model I ripped from a game

Be more specific if you don’t want remarks like mine. I get what you are doing, but come on, your original statement sounds a little rough…

Sorry your right it was a rough. I just read it again. I didnt mention what Im exactly doing. Though I did but I guess I must have left that out. dumb me.
If I dont use the decimate modifier to make it lower poly then I’m just not sure what to use. I know theres the Poly Reducer for 2.49. Maybe its better to use that? Then my next problem would be to get the high poly textures to the low poly model without have to make seams and unwrap it all myself. Any idea? Thanks guys

If your final product is not going to be a 3d model, then use the decimator, just be aware that it produces messy geometry.

Then my next problem would be to get the high poly textures to the low poly model without have to make seams and unwrap it all myself. Any idea? Thanks guys

See my earlier post, the link should work. You can just use Smart Project to not worry about seams if you really don’t want to. Its better if you do but not neccessary.

Thanks that video works and helped a lot. I also had to make sure to be in GLSL for. Thanks so much.
The textures are a little messed up though in some places but fixable.Will be time consuming though. Is this because I did the smart project unwrap? I suck at making steams. I guess I just dont get where to put them.

From what I learned from that video. I made a tutorial video. Let me know if how it is:)