ball throw

hi i have been making a simple game and i need my character to throw a ball. the thing is he will be trying to hit AI’s so the ball needs to have a motion Actuator but the character needs to have an animation to throw the ball. how can I have him throw the ball half way through the character throw animation?

Via Python you would have to get a particular Frame of the Action ( getActionFrame(layer=0) ? ) and if that Frame is active, the Ball must be unparented. Maybe it must get a new set Linear Velocity, but maybe the Velocity while being parented will count as well, I don’t know.

Lookbone.blend (605 KB) at this :slight_smile:

thanks for the help, yes bone.blend is basically what i want except the character will follow through. Could i copy some script? i don’t know much about python i tried to learn once but i’m not a very good programer.

You could, but it may be easier for me to do it for you :wink: animate your character, save the action and i’ll show you how to do it :slight_smile:

ok here is the .blend and i changed the ball to a juggling club, so i have the throw animation when you press space bar in the GE and at frame 35 i need the club to come out of his hand do 2 or 3 spins and land on the ground.:smiley:

Attachments

game test.blend (998 KB)