This thread will hopefully evolve into a poll, asking for your input on which short we should do.
Edit: well it has been decided. Bandit it is!
My brother and I are coworkers, and produce educational video seminars for the financial industry. My name is Mike White, I am the “artist” of our little team, and I produce 2d and 3d graphics, both stills and animations. I do the modeling, texturing, and rigging.
Adam is the “director” and video editor, handles sound effects and pretty much everything else. He also does animation and cinematography, and helps provide art direction. So we are pretty well evenly divided, and we work extrememly well together with many professional successes in the world of educational videos and commercials.
What we are planning.
We are planning to conquer the world! Tonight! OK, actually we both have always loved animation, particularly 3D, and we want to make our first foray into the world of animation with a short film.
We have outlined 7 ideas. I will be posting the story outlines as they get written, and when they are done, we want to leave it up to you guys which one we do first. Hopefully we will do all 7 eventually, to create a body of work with which to get some investment, and the ultimate dream is of course to make a feature length movie.
Here they are. (detailed plots to follow this post, hopefully soon)
1. Moving Day a turtle and a rabbit who have to move their households, and the different approaches they take in doing so.
2. Bandit One man’s struggle against a slot machine with a nasty attitude.
3. Lumber Jill A little woman shows the big boys with toys the right way to log a hillside.
4. Junk Day One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
5. Yard Work A suburban dad learns that ignoring the weeds can be quite dangerous indeed.
6. Endangered Species A caveman’s struggles with Neanderthal environmentalists.
7. The Portrait A vain queen gets taken in by a smooth talking “artisan”.
That’s all for now, I’ll get the stories posted as soon as I can. Most of these have evolved from simple ideas we have had, or from bedtime stories that I have told my kids. All of them have some moral to be learned, or at least some funny outcomes. I am excited about getting this off the ground, and hearing your feedback on them. Better start writing…:yes:.