Barrels (I need critiques)

Hi all!
This is my first Thread in BlenderArtists.org :stuck_out_tongue:
Yesterday and today I was making some barrels, and I arrived to this result:

Sure I can doing something with the light, but I need your critique too :slight_smile:

Greetings to all!

Welcome :slight_smile:
nice start so far, i would add some shadows on the stone floor :wink: therefore you’ll need a spot

Hi! Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:
I don’t think in Spot light :expressionless:
More later I try again… I’m going to school now :slight_smile:

Looks too shiny too me add some ambient occlusion maps

I like the model but I think that less spec, more bump and other texture with darkness colour will improve your render.

I am definitely not the best person with colour, but think the barrels and floor colours are too close.

Hello everyone, I return with last progress of the barrels :slight_smile:

I don’t know if I can doing a new thread for it…
I hope someone responds :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and thanks to we all for answers! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’ll keep noticing that all planks on barrels are using same texture. Maybe add some variety to them? Maybe its me who just prefers darker tones but textures look also very bright maybe play with that too. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

Hi Zeniux!
Yes, it is… I used same texture to all barrels (I realized that) :stuck_out_tongue:
I now see that I can doing :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for your answer! :smiley:

Ready… I changed minimally the diffuse of color to each barrel (values different)…

I’m not sure if this is what zeniux meant or not, but rather then change the color from barrel o barrel (which is a good idea none the less) I think from plank to plank within the barrels needs to be changed up. As it is you can see fairly obviously that the texture is repeated on each, which would never happen in real life and hurts the quality of the model. You don’t even have to make all of them unique, five or six should be plenty if you space them randomly and flip or mirror some.

Hi Atemporalskill.
Well, really which I said before, I used the same texture to all barrels. It is true that something like don’t happen in real life, but I going to see how fix it.
I will take into account what you told me :slight_smile: thank you.

Greetings!

Easy to fix http://www.blendercookie.com/2009/06/22/creating-a-wooden-barrel/

As much as I like the models of your barrels, The entire scene is kind of bland. Not too many colors, contrasts, shadows or anything.
It would really be a vast improvement. And of course, change the barrel texture ;).

Play around with the color values of your texture, and toss a few Compositing nodes in to polish everything up :).
(thinking of RGB curves, color Balance, Hue Saturation Value, Gamma, …)

happy Blending!
Acro

Hello everyone!
3° day that I’m with these barrels :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m did a new render a while ago :slight_smile:

Thanks Acromartsu and Quandtum for the information :slight_smile:

I now remove Specular of barrels of behind :stuck_out_tongue:
I believe that don’t necessary show the last render :expressionless:

At the top of the barrel closest to the camera it looks like there is a slightly different wood texture from the second loop from the top.

Nice barrel model! But you need to use different textures (as already mentioned ;)) for the several planks and add a hole/plug to them to get more realism!

The texture of the barrel is well, I would not change anything :expressionless:

The barrels and different textures (I did when you told me) :smiley:
Your idea is good, but I like how they look :slight_smile:

Thanks to all :slight_smile: