Bas-relief compositing node

did you have time to make a Vista 32 bits version

i would like tot try it and see results

Thanks

Thank you very much for your kindness.

Hello,

I came across this thread while looking for software that would morph 3d images into bas-reliefs. Your patch for blender looked promising. I never used blender or linux before so I am very new to it all ( I am a woodworker by trade). Anyway, I have been using both linux (ubuntu) and blender now for about a month and have come a long way. I’ve made a few test files and have been able to create openexr files with the proper z values imported into the file.
So now I can’t figure out where to go from there. I figured it would be (or should be) a fairly simple procedure to convert the openexr file into a bas-relief image that I could then export as a stl file. Unfortunately, I am a bit confused at this point. I examined bump mapping, uv mapping, normal mapping and other mapping procedures, but they don’t seem to be the correct procedure that I need–or they might be the correct procedure but I am really confused at this point :confused: (it’s been a steep learning curve). Any suggestions as to how to go from here? A link to a tutorial perhaps?

Also, I thought about making my own blender build so I installed TortoiseSVN and created a repository of blender 2.49b and tried to apply the patch. The patch got “red flagged” with the linux2-config.py file. The file is there and it’s in the proper directory but TortoiseSVN seems to be looking somewhere else for it or maybe the linux2-config.py file I have isn’t the right revision. Of course, with blender 2.5 coming out, I was wondering if you were considering upgrading your patch to work with the new blender (once it’s released as a stable build).

Thanks,

Brian R.

anybody has done a built for this on Vista 32 bits?

i would like to try it but don’t know how to built blender

happy blendering

pildanovak

any news about this patch making it into Blender 2.5 ???

Does the patch work in Blender 2.49 Fedora 13? Is the bc_ffmpeg really necessary? It is giving me a lot of troubles, althoug it is compiled instead of a yum-install. Please help.

Has there been any attempt to port this to the latest Blender 2.5 series? This is precisely what I was looking for.

Wow, I can’t believe this still hasn’t been ported to 2.5 yet. We are already at 2.60 and this would really come in handy.

i think it cannot cause 2.5 don’t use pluging only scripting unless you make a new SVN only for this new option!
but would be worth to make a new SVN if necessary and load it up to Graphical.org!

So…I’m running into issues trying to use this patch in 2.49b. I’m honestly not sure if I’m supposed to run it in the text editor or copy it into a notebook file and rename it with .py. If I’m supposed to run it as a Python extension, where do I put it so that Blender will recognize it?

no i think you have to built it using C compiler and include this patch!

this is nnot as a python script it is more like an added moduel which has to be compiled with blender
then it becomes accessible but you need to make an SVN!

Oh, crap. I’ve never done anything like that…Looks like it’s time for some experimenting.

Thanks for the info!

Hey. I am new user in blenderartist.org also Hallo for everyone :slight_smile: I have a problem with bas relief patch install for blender (windows software). I don’t understand how install it and I can’t find blender build with this patch. If everyone know where i can find blender build (2.49 or 2.62, 32 or 64 bit) I please so much sent a link, what very helpful for my is.

Sorry for my english, but my favorite leanguage is German.

salutations :slight_smile:

I never heard any more about this. I think a workaround is to use dynamic paint and set the brush to “project”. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Physics/Dynamic_Paint/Brush

which downloadable version of Blender still got the Basrelief node??
or how to download or install a “patch”?
thanks in advance

does that z buffer works with normal maps too?? or is a full mesh needed??

Hi the patch file is not found. Can you re-upload again, please?

Bump, would love this too!