Basic Question - setting up for efficiency

Sorry for the basic question but cant seem to find the answer I need.

I am setting up a scene where a character walks to an object and picks it up. What I was hoping to find out is:

1. How do I prevent my characters feet from penetrating the ground surface when Im setting up my key poses (and breakdowns)

2. How do I make sure the object that is picked up sticks to the hand ie. what constraints do i need to use, does my object need an armature?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Hi!
No question is to basic to be asked :slight_smile:

One way to prevent the feets to go thure the ground is to have a IK (Inverse Kinematics) constraing on the feeths. I uploaded a example blend file (2.5 Beta) for you to look at. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

For the method of making the box go with the hands someone else have to answer because I do not know a good way to do that I am afraif :frowning:
Anyhow, if you have any problems, just ask and I will try to help you out.

Have a nice day

Attachments

example.blend (333 KB)

1. IK legs is the way to go - and make sure the pivot point for the Control bone is at the contact point (the heel) this will make things easier to animate

2. use a “child of” constraint - and animate it to stick to the hand bone(or an empty) when you need it to

have fun :slight_smile:

There is a ‘floor’ constraint that you can apply to the foot controller bone. This stops it passing below a certain object or bone. It only works on flat floors, but it does stop you dragging the controller through the floor.

HTH.

Matt

Thankyou for all the help everyone!!!