BATCH OPERATIONS™2 (smart data-management for Blender)

Hi! Wow this addon seems really powerful. I bought it to use with GroupPro for scenes involving lots of objects with many links between them but also many variations.

Unfortunately, somehow with everything BatchOps can do, I’m still unable to slice my scene by selecting objects according to constraints. In my case, I have a bunch of building and plant objects which I’d like to instance, and shrinkwrap on to terrain using the Shrinkwrap constraint. There are often pretty complex scenes like this involved when building up contextual environments for e.g. architecture.

It would be great if I could then perform operations about all objects which I want to behave like this, by simply selecting all according to constraint.

Is this something you’re looking into implementing?

Thanks

1 Like

I am not entirely sure what’s the exact issue but you can send me an email with a project file so we can investigate it. In any case, we grant feature requests if they are inline with the addon.

BATCH OPERATIONS™ 2 v0.76

For the Cyber weekend 2020, we have finally managed to squish a couple of bugs we were hunting for some time now. Download your free update and enjoy this new release, especially if you are using the HardOps addon.

• HardOps addon - apply modifiers bugfix
  • additional compatibility fixes

Thank you for the support and if you like the addon please spread the word!

3 Likes

Will 7.10 work in 2.83.12 and 2.83.13? Which version should I use in these versions of blender. Which version should I use in 2.82a? Thanks

The init.py sayd version 2.80 so I would say it should work fine on 2.83

2 Likes

Correct! All releases should be backward compatible. I keep each one on the Gumroad for the sake of log or bug hunting.

1 Like

I am experiencing a huge problem with this addon, but I’m not sure if it is a bug or not.

When I remove modifiers, by any method, CTRL-ALT clicking, or selecting remove, or delete from menus it always removes every modifier of that type in the scene.

It doesn’t matter what objects I have selected, or hidden, or in other scenes, it removes every single modifier of the type I have selected from the entire file.

It seems like this has to be a bug. What good is all this great data management if you can’t do it selectively ?

The same behavior happens in 2.91.2, 2.92.0, and 2.93.0Alpha.

I hope I’m just missing something obvious.

1 Like

Hmm… just to be certain are talking about Remove or Delete? Remove should operate only on selected objects (unless nothing is selected, in which case it operates on all objects). Delete always tries to remove the selected items completely.

In terms of future reports, screenshots or a video (or gif) of performing an operation help a lot to investigate the issue.

moth3r,

Thanks for your prompt reply and emails.

It was user error on my part all along. I misunderstood the UX a little. I could have sworn I tried every combination of use I could think of, but I was actually missing something obvious as I’d hoped.

For readers, it wasn’t a bug at all, just a mistake on my part.

I’ve since gone back to the scene in question and have been able to successfully batch remove specific modifiers from only the objects I wanted to, leaving all others intact.

Whew… this is a great addon. It saves so much tedious management in large files, I’m glad I was just a use case issue and not a bug.

hello, I’ve gotten lot of use out of this addon when working with large scenes and many objects, but have recently run into some issues

i can’t remember when exactly i first had the issue but using the ‘new’ modifier button has been erroring out for me, it manages to apply the selected modifier but does not have the modifier preview panel that would allow me to change the parameters of the new modifier

i am on 2.92 stable and batch ops 0.7.6, the error happens for me in any scene, and with factory settings

U56bwxc00p

1 Like

I see, you can expect a new release with a fix for this due tomorrow. There would be some changes though but it should work.

Thank you for the report as well.

1 Like

BATCH OPERATIONS™ v7.11 release

- Blender 2.90 modifiers compatibility fix is now live on Gumroad and BlenderMarket

3 Likes

thanks man! works like a charm now

1 Like

If I want to change a given property of all the materials in my model, say: Roughness of all Principled BSDFs or Blend/ Shadow Mode from Opaque to Hashed for ALL materials, will this addon help me?

1 Like

Hi, not at the moment, no promises but we can think about this as an option in the future.

1 Like

After clicking the icon on Select with No Material bjects without any material is not selecting.
Latest 2.93.2

z3anKGPCtQ

1 Like

That’s not a bug, that’s happening in case you don’t have any material slots assigned. I will send you a new version covering that case. Thanks for the report for sure.

1 Like

Can You also add option to toggle isolate option?
Or maybe click ALT again on the isolated collection (object ect…) to toggle isolation.

It would be extra if You added options to select objects by type but only in the selected collection.

1 Like

BATCH OPERATIONS™ v7.13, big bugfix & release

• Fixed a compatibility issue with Blender 3.0 alpha
  • New “Virtual slot” option in the preferences (determines objects with zero material slots)
  • Rearranged layout of the addon preferences
  • Fixed an Isolate-related bug that manifested in Blender 2.81 and above
  • Added the “Types” category (for the object types)
  • New “Batch → Objects” operation (located in the Select submenu), selects all objects that match the selected items in all BatchOps panels (e.g. this way you can select all objects that belong to some collection + have a specific object type + have a specific material, etc.)

And as always thank you for the support!

2 Likes

Hello, would it be possible to have a category for constraints? When cleaning up a rigged character I often have many objects constrained to a rig and I need to remove those constraints.

Love the addon.

1 Like