Bathroom

(hannibar) #1

http://users.pandora.be/willem.packet1/badkamer.html

comments? suggestions?

-hans-

(ScottishPig) #2

You call that a functional bathroom? Where’s the toilet for those of us who don’t have economy size bladders? Just kidding, really great work. The 2nd one’s wood seems a bit more realistic and much homelier. (+/- the first e)…

Overall: Good work, nice attention to detail, But the bathtub doesn’t look to have a drain (which is traditionally right under the spigot) and there’s traditionally a lightswitch to the right of the door. I won’t get into anything more technical, because it’s a really good scene.

(hannibar) #3

Thanks for the reply sp. Really usefull tips.

(overextrude) #4

I like the colors and the lighting. The softness in the second one almost gives the impression that the sink and tiles were carved from soapstone. The effect is the same kind you see on wedding photos and the like. I like the harder lines in 1 and 3 the best, and of those two, I’d say that I like 3 just a tad better than 1. One comment…this bathroom scene screams “overindulgence,” so to complete the thought, I think there ought to be liberal space along each side of the tub - you know, for candles, glasses of champaign, and the like. ; )

Very nice work, though.

(TurboG) #5

Wow! Nice! I just have a few questions about how you did the wood…Did you have a different texture for each board and model them seperately? Or did you just apply a texture that covered them all and a bump map for the dents between? It looks great! Almost Photo Realistic!

(digitalSlav) #6

the warm glow of 2 is nice but 3 is the friggin [email protected] man!

(ectizen) #7

Overall I prefer the first one. To me, the slight graininess and greater contrast make it seem much more natural than the other two. While it does look interesting, the second version is way too dark for a bathroom. The third looks airbrushed - too perfect.

A very nice scene :slight_smile:

(wewa_juicyb) #8

I like the second one the best. it feels like the bathroom some rich guys yaught. nice and comfortable.
I like the fish eye view, makes everything seem smaller and cramped.
Adues,
WeWa

(rixtr66) #9

i like the second one,nice modelling and texturing!
the lights look funny to me though,is that a european thing?
i noticed the missing drain as well,is the light switch onthe outside?
anyway really nice work :smiley:

rixtr

(eeshlo) #10

I like all of them, but as I said many times now, I like noise, so that one I like even more. In fact, I have been working on a plu…ehhmm, never mind…

(blengine) #11

i like the third the best, its amazing…

i really love the fish eye u got going =D
yes, where the hells the toilet!? oh, is it those two small bowls on the counter top near the mirror? thats strange, why would there be a mirror behind two toilets…your sick!

rendered in blender?

(hannibar) #12

Wow! Nice! I just have a few questions about how you did the wood…Did you have a different texture for each board and model them seperately? Or did you just apply a texture that covered them all and a bump map for the dents between? It looks great! Almost Photo Realistic!

second one

yes, where the hells the toilet!? oh, is it those two small bowls on the counter top near the mirror? thats strange, why would there be a mirror behind two toilets…your sick!

lol :smiley:

This bathroom is inspired on our bathroom. So there is no toilet. For the toilet there is a different room :smiley:

(blengine) #13

rendered in blender?

ahem!..hmmm…no answer from hannibar… ::MAXIMUM SUSPICION NOW ‘ON’::
:-? :-? :-? CODE 3 SMILEY SUSPICION:: RED ALERT! :-? :-? :-?

(hannibar) #14

rendered in blender?

Don’t make me look suspicious! :smiley: just forgot about that one :-?

I first made the complete models of the bathroom and converted every subsurf or surface to a mesh.
Then I used radiosity in the scene, with light emittin from 3 points. Later I seperated every object, deleted the emitting planes, and messed with the materials untill each object still has one material. Then I started texturing. To make the radiosity lighting look better, I placed two hemi-lamps. One about the back of the camera, and one in front.
And then I rendered. (in blender)
The middle pic got that reddish soft look by doing some postprocessing in photoshop. The first pic didn’t require postprocessing, except for a small sharpening effect. The third one also used some postprocessing.

Who’s suspicious now! 8)

(dickie) #15

Quote:
lol
This bathroom is inspired on our bathroom. So there is no toilet. For the toilet there is a different room

i totally forgot that in Europe the toilet is often located within a seperate closet instead of being a fixed eyesore in the bathroom.
rock on!

i voted for the 2nd one.
it has a romantic come and frolic in me feel to it.

:slight_smile:

(blengine) #16

::RED ALERT downgraded to FIRST DEGREE WINK:: :wink:

:smiley: great job :smiley:

-chris

(Haunted-House) #17

Definetly the second! It has a real “soft” feel, I like that :smiley:

(Etruscan) #18

I like the third best definately a good scene :slight_smile:

(shibbydude) #19

Very good image. I just need to ask - how did you do the vertical reflection? You probably rotated the coordinates of your empty a bit but I have tried that and can’t find any suitable settings. Please help because I have a picture with a mirror like that, too.

I do have to say that I like image 3 the best, though :).

(zanet) #20

:o :o
what render did you use?