Bathroom

(Sci-fi-Guy) #1

Hotel Bathroom, still have a bit of noise, any tips on how to get rid of fireflies will be very much appreciated. (Sorry the quality sucks)

0 Likes

(TwoDeer) #2

Really nice lighting and materials, what did you use for your tile textures/materials?

0 Likes

(TwoDeer) #3

No specific advice on how to get rid of this render’s fireflies, but things to try:

1. Use the clamp setting in the Sampling Panel under the Render tab
  2. Uncheck Caustics (Reflective and Refractive) under Light Paths in the Render tab

Blender Guru has a bunch @ https://www.blenderguru.com/articles/7-ways-get-rid-fireflies

0 Likes

(Grimofdoom) #4

Since you have good lighting, using the current daily-release of Blender’s denoise feature will help loads. If you had poor lighting, it would not be very helpful (as it would create clouds in the render where it denoises).

0 Likes

(Sci-fi-Guy) #5

blender’s brick texture for tiles, with a smudge texture on top of it. and some marble textures. i got it off of poliigon

0 Likes

(sundialsvc4) #6

I know that you’re trying to get a lot of material in-frame here, but the perspective distortion is quite noticeable: the vertical lines diverge quite noticeably toward the top of the frame. Consider using an orthographic view. (Camera obData setting.)

0 Likes

(Karlb) #7

It’s looking pretty good! As far as pointers, I think a window would make it more inviting. But it is a hotel bathroom, so that may not line up with the story behind it. I see you have quite a bit of glass in the scene. Limiting your light bounces and disabling caustics will go a long way to get rid of the fireflies. Also, the camera seems to be tilting down. Interior shots are usually level.

0 Likes