Layer Painter - Material Editing With Layers - RELEASED

Layer Painter is an addon for Blender 2.8x, that allows you to use a Layer-System for creating materials with painting and procedurals. The layers include masks, filters and much more.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/nMlgKx_25BU

Review/ Tutorial:

Blendermarket: https://blendermarket.com/products/layerpainter

Gumroad: https://gumroad.com/l/layerpainter

Flipped Normals: https://flippednormals.com/downloads/layer-painter-for-blender/

45 Likes

°A° The dream become true °A°

3 Likes

I cant candidate to be a tester, since a ) my time zone is probably not sync; and b ) I dont have really much time for blender these days. Yet from time to time I’ll suggest some features if you keep us updated on the development.

1 Like

The time zone wouldn’t be a problem, but I’ll definitely keep you updated!

Looks all nice. Is there somewhere a link to the addon?
Update: I am not reading well. If you want I can test the addon coming week.

1 Like

There’s no link, because it’s not released yet.
If you want to get it as quickly as possible, I will need a few people to do some beta testing, otherwise it will take another month or so for the first release!

I tweeted you a few second ago (under New Media Supply) that I was interested to be a tester. Next week I still have holiday. After that I work 32 hrs/week.

1 Like

super awesome , looking forward for it

1 Like

I´d love to test it and I´m already interested on acquiring it in the future.

1 Like

Sounds awesome!

1 Like

I’ll be watching this thread. :smiley:

1 Like

Alright, so I had some annoying bugs to sort out, but that should all be fixed now:

I just added the options for saving textures and also included an auto save option.

The “Clear Textures” option removes all textures that are not used by a material from the blendfile and also removes unused textures from the cache folder, where the textures that are created or edited with the addon get saved.
“Save Textures” saves all textures which are used by materials.

While I’m at it I’m just going to explain all the addon pref options:
Reverse Layer order reverses the order in which the layers are displayed in the layer stack
-Use any workspace allows you to use the addon in whatever workspace you want to, otherwise it will only work in the one called “BATS”
-Auto save saves a texture when you finish editing it with the addon in texture paint mode

The only thing left to add is the baking options for the masks and the exporting of materials. I’m hoping to get that done this weekend, which is also when I’ll be asking people for testing!

2 Likes

You definitely must post a couple of vids, even if short and not commented will do fine.
(Any idea about the entry price?)

1 Like

Yeah I will try to record a few videos of maybe a workflow of texturing a model and maybe a feature overview on the weekend!
For the price I’m thinking around 15$, but that might change, depending on the feedback I get.

1 Like

Just remember that blender 2.8 baker could be derpish atm.

1 Like

Hey Joshua,
I talked to you a little on Twitter about this (Spenser Williams). Glad to see you making progress! If you’re still in need of testers, I’d be happy to help. Also $15 sounds like a very fair price for the add-on to me! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

just release the beta :slight_smile:

1 Like

we could make new multilallered materials to share with people as the substances in substance painter?

1 Like

You can do that in a similar way, yes.
The workflow for that looks like this:

• Create your material
  • Make a node group out of it
  • Use the information for the PBR channels as node group outputs and name them accordingly
  • Connect the values you want to be able to edit to the input sockets
    Then you can use that node group as a shader for another material

A feature that could be added for a future update, is to automatically convert a layer stack into one of those materials.

when do you plan to release it ? even for testing purpose , i did quite similar thing while ago ,

its no way near to your concept , but i tried doing same thing ,
if you need some hep let me know , i would love to help out ,

Regards,
Pratik

5 Likes