I am currently developing an online magic combat arena game with the goal to make it an enjoyable, fun-to-play eSport game which will later turn into a MORPG.
Current features are:
- Lobby server & game server
- Queue-based matchmaking based on ranking / personal skill level (starts new game servers for each match)
- Account-based personal ranking for each PvP format
- Scalable database system
- 4 x 5 skills per weapon, 5 skills per mode with 4 modes (you can only have 1 mode at once)
- Multiple weapon system (weapon change results in a skill set change)
- Arena mode: Theoretically up to 4 teams, each format from 1v1 up to 5v5
- Crowd-Control effects such as Slow, Stun, Sleep and Immobilization
- Traits system that lets you set up character stats influencing Damage, Defense, Block, Cooldown reduction, Attack speed and Move speed
- Melee combat system, reflect projectiles with sword attacks
- Guild system (guild creation, invite member, kick member)
- Rune system (skills can engrave or detonate runes for additional effects)
- Different maps to play on
- Personal score is based on how useful you were in every aspect of the game (e.g. CC, damage, blocking, etc.) similar to BLC
- Chat system with online status
- Configurable settings, input settings are saved in database
- Top 10 ranking list
I am a 21 year old Computer Science student from Germany and I dedicate a lot of time into this project. I’ve been working on it since mid-February (2 months) and I am in charge of development, project lead and music composition.
What I need help with is:
- Character modeling & texturing
- Character animations
- Weapon/Object/Non-organic modeling & texturing
- 2D graphics (skill icons, logo)
- Although this is a free project without profit, I want you to be serious about your work (and you can expect me to be serious about my work)
- Be mentally mature (preferably 18+ years old)
- Be skilled. That’s a no-brainer. Know your stuff.
- Be able to communicate in English (alternatively: German, Russian).
- Have some kind of IM program so I can message you instantly without delay. Apparently all my friends use Skype so I’d prefer you using it.
Contact me via:
E-Mail: [email protected]
Website / Play online: https://battleofmages.com
I repeat: This is a free project, no payment. However you’ll be mentioned in the credits once the game is released.