Battle of the OS'

Hey all…

I’ve been thinking…
And im curious how many windows u can have open at one time, on diff. operating systems…
So im ganna start a contest to see who can have the most windows open, of the OS’ default file manager.

Please post ur specs

I guess i should start off…

I got 422 windows of konqueror, before linux froze :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
im running Fedora Core 4, 1.3 Ghz, 512 ram

seems more like battle of the window manager

windows explorer craps out at less than a hundred windows [depends what you open] on the machines I’ve tried [I do this often, I get bored often]

Processor: Pentium 4 3.2GHz
RAM: 1GB

I was able to open 53.5 Windows Explorer windows before it refused to continue opening them. The last window never loaded entirely so it was only worth half a point.

177 konqueror, 28 firefox open at the moment, surfing with no slowdown :smiley:
Gnome, Fedora core 4, Amd 64

5 million. Yaya baby

Alltaken

5 million!!!

You know, if you were to click on one window a second, nonstop, until you had clicked each one exactly once, it would take you eight and a quarter weeks. :stuck_out_tongue:

It bugs me when I have more than five to ten windows open at once…

Doesn’t really bug me all that much, but it sure bugs the hell out of my comp.

I’ll try this tomorrow, after restarting the computer, so I don’t have any unused-uncleared RAM.

220 … in windows

now, try guessing what the 220 was of…

[after 220 they didn’t show up anymore]

let me guess . . . Notepad? :slight_smile:

Can one forkbomb with ls and bash?

let me guess . . . Notepad? :)[/quote]
nope, I was only able to open notepad 178 times

[hint: the topic asks about a file manager… though admittedly I wasn’t using the default]

Modern linuxes are generally smart enough to recognize and automatically terminate forkbombs.

Get a life, freaks :]
P

File manager? Hrm… people use those things? :wink:

I suppose I could see how many Eterms I could open…

I got about 13 instances of Blender 2.37a running on XP before things slowed to an unusable state.

oh i didn’t click on them, i just used IE and they all popped up by themselves!

I got up to 219 in konqueror before I gave up :stuck_out_tongue:

Couldnt be bothered with pushing the button.

LOL :smiley:

(The real joke is that you have to individually click them to get rid of them, no? That or press the big red button on the front of the PC.)

Windows users, have fun with this:

http://www.aberdeenjetman.co.uk/bens_files/DeathByNotepad.exe

Written in vb.net (I dont think you need .net as I compiled without it, but I may be wrong)

28kb in size

It is an auto program opener with counter. You can specify the filename. I got to 170 notepads before it stopped, but only 70 calc’s :frowning:

Note: there is an error where if it gets to the limit then the counter increases but no new programs appear.
Note: to close a group of programs, right click on the group on the taskbar (if you have XP!)

hehe…

Agh, a program without error-handling.
A BAD program idd.
P