Becca's "On-Paper" Art

I work so much faster with paper…:stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s some stuff that I have drawn, painted etc. I like to keep stuff very simple, and I do it for fun, so I know that most of it isn’t that good, but I had fun doing it.

Some watercolored paintings.

Coffee+gel pen+watercolors=

Acrylic paint. (I don’t use this much.)

All of these I consider finished and I’m not going to change them, but I would appreciate comments and critiques!

Thanks for looking!

It seems you have a decent grasp on color, but I would urge you to try to focus on your forms much more strongly.

Some sketches, too.

Cartoon Mr. Banana:

A sort-of mythological thing about a giant who holds up the rainbow so we can see it.

Semi attempts at realism.

And a silly sketch on my cat with my sketch pad and pencil. :slight_smile:

Like I said with the paintings, I don’t intend on changing anything, but C&C is still welcome!

Woops, you posted fast, Dim! Didn’t see your post until just now! :o Thanks for the comment, I will try. :slight_smile:

Excellent work, the meadow has good ‘mood’, probably because of the shadows and the cool little treehouse. The flowers are my second favorite 'cause it has that ‘original painting’ feel to it. Girl on basket and the giant are quite nice too. Keep 'em coming.

If you want to improve on your drawing skills, a classic book to read would be drawing on the right side of the brain. For the moment, I suggest the use of shadow and light to create a realistic human face, it is really ugly to draw in the details such as the eyelids, the labial fold(the thing that is between the nose and lips),chin, and nose. The most important thing about drawing is to never give up, and never feel down (well unless it is for a dark scene, of which then it would be acceptable). Keep it up!

That some of the best drawings I have seen in a month of Sundays and then some. Keep up the good work. By the way - I nearly reached out for the cup of coffee until I realised it was a drawing - it appeared so realistic. I suppose the next time I walk into a gallery, there you will be displaying your artwork. All the best!