Beetle car need help

This is my car. It was based off of a beetle i fogot it’s name. anyway as you can see it is nowhere near being done, but I wanted to see what you guys think of the basic shape of the car. also I need some ideas for a backround :frowning: .
http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/public/New_car

looks more like a tank! lol!

i like it though! it needs better lighting and textures could be improved but over all good image! :wink:

I agree with Prince…a big tank!

Very nice!

Nown all you need is texture the veicle!

The beetle which I modeled it after looked like a tough so i thought it be apropriate to put tanke tire covers, or whatever they’re called. I still have a couple modeling things to finish then i’ll give it texture and better lighting etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the link to the beetle that i moddled it after. Can you see the resembelence??
http://cgee.hamline.edu/see/questions/dp_cycles/nutrient/dung_horn.GIF

no i cant lol, nice model tho:P

Okay here’s an update with the beggining of some texturing. I ran in to a problem almost immidiatley, (As you can see only the main body is textured). I used the chrome reflection tutorial on this website but when i did this my car lost it’s color. Is there a way to bring back the original blue color back and still have it reflect?\here’s the update
http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/public/New_car_002

cool set smooth it?

forget faking it - make it real use the raymir buttons! ya and set smooth!

no i don’t really see a resemblance especially with that funky wheel!

all right so there may be no resembelence %| but anyway, I set smooth and turned on the mirror thing and this is what i got. I think it’s done other then the backround, any ideas for the backround?? :expressionless:
http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/public/New_car_002

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like a new generation of comfort, slow-ass ATV tank minus a 100mm anti-tank cannon and SAM launchers.

Actually, it’s pretty sweet with the organic designs, but perahps you can make it more beetle-like by giving it six legs. XP

try an over all chassis subdivide or subsurf cause there are alot of facets (unless you want them like that)

background… i use a parking garage scene cause it isn’t too complicated but it isn’t too simple… i got my reference from a food mag for a car add - look on the internet for car adds (commercial dealer adds not just for sale adds)

looks good - nice transparencies - looks like they are plastic! yafray or blender? :wink:

I’m still thinking of wether to give it two more wheels so it has 6 legs but it might get crowded. I’m fairly new to blender so I don’t konw what chassis subdivide is but I’ll look it up. Also when I have set smooth and subsurf on at the same time it gives me wierd indents in my car? I’ll look at some adds and see what I can find. It’s a blender render when I choose the yafray option in blender it’s just a black scrren?

in edit mode select all of the verts and then press w and then select subdivide.

Also when I have set smooth and subsurf on at the same time it gives me wierd indents in my car? I’ll look at some adds and see what I can find.

in edit mode select all the verts and press cntrl n to recalculate normals - that should fix your problem.

It’s a blender render when I choose the yafray option in blender it’s just a black scrren?

in the yafray panel deselct xml - also you have to have the alpha bar set to 0 or so for transparencies. Use full mode for nice customized lighting or global for nice ambient soft shadows.

Oh cool thanks. That lloks better, but i’m still having trouble with yafray everytime i select render it says ther’s a problem and shuts down blender :expressionless: it might because my computer is too slow i dion’t know. Do i have to download something? Also how do you get a blur eefect? I was thinking of having my car drive through a swamp or something, maybe just on the road at first till i design the swamp :slight_smile:

Looking really good! I like the modelling.

Mantis

O.K. I got yafray to work but it gave me a wierd picture it might be because of the sky but the sky isn’t yellow maybe it’s some thing else if you know whats wrong please tell me :-?
okay i cant get them posted up right now so ill put them up later but the problem is it came out yellow