The lighting schedules were detailed. They filled a 24"x36" sheet. I used the information on them in a very basic way. The information I used was: the amount of lumens given off by each lamp, how many bulbs there were in each lamp, and the color temperature of each light.
I didn’t know how lumens converted into Yafaray power units. I decided that turning the lights up and down proportionally to one another was the best way to proceed. The image attachment shows the small spreadsheet I set up. The columns labeled, First, Second & Third Calc. are in Yafaray lighting units, and were arrived at by dividing the lumens by a conversion factor, shown on the bottom. I tried about a half-dozen settings and arrived at the blue column shown.
I used a handy script by mikejedw to convert from the kelvin values to a RGB color. (link.)
For the down lights I used spots. Product data sheets for lamps often show an IES diagram, which shows the direction and intensity of the light emitted. I used this to guess the “SpotSi” and “SpotBl” parameters.
ed.: The last column on the spreadsheet is incorrectly named, it is the Yafaray power of each bulb, not the lumens.