Beginners question - Cycles Rendering - Can't get rid of the noise

I do a Cycles Render test with a 3D model from a project I’m working at. Unfortunately in the result I get a lot of noise.
I’ve tried the De-noiser, without a good result. Does anyone knows a way to remove the noise when rendering with Cycles.

Thanks in advance.

Blender 2.82
Environment / lighting: Spherical HDRI combined with a Sun Emitter.

Have you tried feeding it through the denoising node in the compositor?

Thanks for the reactions!

I’ve tried multiple denoisers. Unfortunately, it didn’t increase the quality of the image. It was a choice between a washed out, or an image with noise, fireflies and a bright area.
Also strange was that changing the settings (from YouTube) didn’t had a lot of effect. Also textures I had changed wheren’t visible (the charges) in the render.
After Cycles was set from GPU to CPU, changes became more visible. And after a while (I didn’t made a conscious change) the noise was almost gone. It becomes even more strange, because after changing the settings back a few steps didn’t bring back the noise.

I hope a Blender developer wil read this, because using such an unpredictable render engine for proffesional work, is very dificult.

Regards Louis

These types of fireflies show up in renders where there may be a very hard light source somewhere. The despeckle node is great for getting rid of those, but it won’t be much help for the big ugly highlight in the corner. Try softening your lighting, or using the clamp direct and clamp indirect parameters in your render settings.

Thanks Rocketman,

It looks like the clamping did the trick.

Regards Louis

Just check that the clamping does’t cause significant degrading of shading; overall image brightness lowered, lights not being reflected good enough on plastic materials etc. Clamping is a tool to be used with consideration, and I often see it with absolutely nuts values.

In the render settings it’s a good trick to switch the colour management from Filmic to False Colour to check your lighting intensity. You can easily see any highlights that are blown out on the heatmap it shows and what effect adjusting your lighting will have. Just remember to change it back to Filmic before you render!