Beginning coder - help!

Hi, everyone!

I am trying to make a model that would change the mesh by adjusting the three parameters on the screen. (figure below)

I want the three values on the screen changeable, and then the “run button” pass the new values to the python script, which will delete the current mesh and create a new one.

Here are some of my questions -
problem01:

I am not very familiar with the Blender scripting pipeline (Blender 2.79), so I don’t know how I could make the “texts” input-able, how to set environment variables and call them in the script.

problem02:

I used “bpy.ops.mesh.add_object(location=(0,0,0))” to create the mesh, where “add_object” is written in another script. Then, I want to get this mesh to change its properties by “mesh = bpy.context.object.data” - while the console calls an error. How could I get the new generated object in python code?

Thank you very much in advance! :grinning:

I don’t mean to dissuade you, but I haven’t been able to get anyone to help me with more than vague answers and a lot of lecturing for asking simple questions to help me get started in coding in Blender. If you look at the list of posts in this forum, you’ll see that nobody else gets any help either.

@Eden1234 You can try creating a panel and turn your operator into a modal timer.