Being spammed by audspace!!!!!

I’m using audspace for sound management in my blender game to handle sound effects, and it’s spamming my console. In 30 seconds of gameplay (ie the fighting, when sounds are playing) my console looks like this:

[wav @ 0x9cdd6000]Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
    Last message repeated 15 times
[wav @ 0xab7c2000]Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
    Last message repeated 3 times
[wav @ 0xab7d5000]Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
    Last message repeated 1 times
    Last message repeated 6 times
    Last message repeated 16 times
[wav @ 0x9ccbc000]Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate

Does anyone know any way to make the thing, well, shut up?

I think it does that whenever you create the factories from which the sounds will be played, you should use a python script to create a dictionary of all the sounds you’ll be using for your entire game (which you only run once), and use the normal audaspace functions and properties like pause(), resume(), volume, position ect… whenever you actually play the sounds.

In other words it’s probably a good option to not create the factories and handlers every time you need to play a sound if that’s what you’re doing.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that, too, but now that I think about it, it would appear that it only happens when you create a Factory (i.e. it shouldn’t be exploding your console with warnings), as Ace mentioned. I would also recommend making a global dictionary somewhere that loads up a Factory for each sound in your game that you’ll need once in your game, place a reference to the audio device in there, and then play the sound via the audio device (logic.auddev.play(logic.sounds[‘punchsnd’]), for example).