Bendable object glued to other objects?

Hello,
I am trying to create 3 different objects as shown in the screenshot. I need the bendable object in the middle attached to the bottom object and the top cone. When the top cone is moved, the bendable object in the middle needs to follow it, automatically bending/stretching, still glued to the bottom of the top cone.
How can that be achieved? This needs to work even when all the objects (including the middle bendable object) are loooong (example screenshot below).
Thank you so much for help.

Bendy bones in an armature, or a curve modifier (with hooks for the curve.)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for advise. I am sorry I left out one requirement of my objects. Some of them need to be loooong. This needs to work even when all the objects (including the middle bendable object) are long. -----> I updated the initial post to reflect this.
I tried armature, but it bent only the object areas that are close to the bone. Also, when I tried curve modifier with hooks, some meshes ended up being distorted. I really appreciate any advise as I have no idea how to achieve my requirement. Thank you again.

Length doesn’t matter.

For either of those techniques, you’re going to need some familiarity with them-- watching a good tutorial, then spending some playing,

Bendy bones will require control bones, getting a sufficient number of bendy bones for your object, and setting appropriate lead in/lead out values.

Curve modifier can be tricky for people the first time (hell, it’s still tricky for me, what am I saying.) My recommendation is, make your curve and your curve deformed object at the orign, with no rotation or scale, then parent both to an empty that doesn’t have any rotation/scale/location either. (Or use bounds clamping and stretch on your curve, that simplifies a lot.) Origin of both the curve and the deformed object have to placed precisely.

Also, a hook won’t handle curve tilt, which will need to be keyframed manually or controlled via a driver.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for help. :slight_smile: