Bender's sketchbook

Hello everyone,

Here’s a little opening pice made with Dyntopo + ZB Polypaint. Rendered in Cycles + BI (for SSS) and tweaked in PS.

Dyntopo + pure render

Regards.

Glad to see that the pure 3D work is very close to the final image. Aside from the obvious (background, effects, color correction) the only tweaks I can see are the added hairs and some embellishment in the skin texture.

Nice job balancing fine details with big shapes! My favorite kind of sculpture!

Glad you like it, BlendRoid :slight_smile:

Here’s another one. Slightly stylized shaman/ necromancer bust. Same procedure: dyntopo -> polypaint -> cycles + BI-> PS.

Dyntopo + pure render:

Cheers!

Very nice sculpts and renders! The workflow is interesting for me. Can you post an image of the compositing of the cycles+BI renders?

nice to see pure dynatop sculpts. i like both… so, your render is the painted dynatopo? did you make uv in zbrush for exporting the polypaint as texture?

@esgeee, here you go!

@doris,

Yes. The painted suculpt is a pure render without any PS improvements. I make uv map in Blender (Smart UV Project).

Cheers!

awesome work and im asking the same as doris :stuck_out_tongue:

ah, thanks. i see…

All characters that you present us are impressive !

I like it, thanks! However i try to focus on the new cycles sss shader.

Dateline: Botswana This photo of a female leopard was taken near PomPom camp in the Okavango Delta. Leopards are secretive and rarely seen. The local safari guides invariably have incredible eyesight and one saw, among the swamps,nike blazer vintage pas cher, some movement in the trees. Duggie,nike tn pas cher, whom locals named in honor of island celebrity Willie Duggan,nike blazer soldes, hung around Tory Island sometimes taking breaks to swim with a traveling pod of dolphins for a few years before sightings stopped. We like to think Duggie eventually joined a pod for good. Fortunately, the delightful dogdolphin friendship was captured on video for posterity… ProcedureBefore you attempt to remove the belly button ring,new balance, you must wash your hands and your navel area. Use antibacterial soap for your hands and saline solution for your belly button. Once your hands and navel are clean, grab the ring with one hand and hold it firmly. I just started running outside and I can barely do a mile in 10 minutes,nike blazer femme. I have to seriously push through the first five minutes and after just one mile I am DONE. How can this be? Does it mean that I am doing something wrong? Do I need running lessons,http://www.terrymorris.net/Morrisavatar.htm? Or is this a typical newbie feeling that will go away soon,air max 90 pas cher?. The service sector has become China’s key source of foreign direct investment (FDI). According to the Ministry of Commerce, FDI chalked up $4.69 billion in January, a yearonyear increase of 31.8 percent. Meanwhile, the sector accounted for 46.8 percent of the nation’s FDI as a whole, up 3 percentage points from the previous year… What they should really be saying is some dogs are vicious,jeremy scott pas cher, some dogs can’t be trusted,jordan 5 pas cher, some dogs bite eventually and that most dogs are not dangerous at all. The important point is that canine bad behavior does not come from their breed. It comes from how they have been treated and trained. Now everybody seems to know what time it is. The bidding began with , which is said to be working on an iWatch. Samsung quickly jumped in as well. After the selection,jordan 8 pas cher, you would have to select the payment methods followed by the entry of shipping details. Here we have a marvelous offer to provide you free shipping kit. If you are not comfortable with the shipping kit,new balance 574 femme, we can serve you with alternate way. Melanie,adidas jeremy scott pas cher, you are a joke and so is your tool Sean Penn who continously endorses dictators like Hugo Chavez and Fidel castro. This is the same lunatic that said that Iran is a great place to live but off course would never live there because the hypocrite enjoys his riches and running his loud mouth in this country. Get a life! for any of his good works, this is all for show as he always has to have a camera on him and has to make political statements. ???: After a while has a glycemic index of 4550 47% regardless executed ORs but now that we’ve all seen JHorror Typically all these grand son of one of the company’s 20 boat captains

I make uv map in Blender (Smart UV Project).

well done! Cool results.
Smart UVs? Really?
A thousand islands on a dense mesh?
Next time try UVmaster in zbrush.
And, why not? Sculpt the whole thing in zbrush. Use zremesher, UV it. Do it decently.
No hard feelings. I just can’t follow your workaround.

Agree with michalis, use uvmaster. Amazing feature for unwrapping sculpts.
Truly stunning work. I like the small shards coming the from first sculpt. Nice touch to add a tiny bit more interest in your final image.
I should try that out too. I think it will work awesome with dyntopo sculpts.

Thank you all guys! :slight_smile:

@michalis, AlinB

Sure, I can use ZB tools for uv maps, retopo, etc. But I want to stay in Blender as much as I can :slight_smile: To be honest, if I had a better hardware, I wouldn’t use even the ZB polypaint feature (which is obviously great). I’m aware that it is not the best and most effective workflow, but it’s the way I want to work (for now) :slight_smile:

Kind regards.

So… Another piece. Same (coarse) workflow :wink: Same tools. A bit more tweaks in PS this time.

Pure render + dyntopo

Cheers!

These are great. Very good characters and renders. 5 from me.

Very good, last one post. !

Sure, I can use ZB tools for uv maps, retopo, etc. But I want to stay in Blender as much as I can :slight_smile: To be honest, if I had a better hardware, I wouldn’t use even the ZB polypaint feature (which is obviously great). I’m aware that it is not the best and most effective workflow, but it’s the way I want to work (for now)

I very well know what you mean. Especially these days, after a hardware disaster, working on a core2duo seven years old machine. Zbrush is still workable.
Please, apologies if needed. I just wanted to say, the easier way is the best. If someone owns zbrush. Or 3dcoat or something similar.
To stay in blender, just because we love it, might be helpful for further development of our beloved application. Not necessarily the best way to go. As seen from an artistic point of view.
BTW, whatever powerful hardware you can get, vertexpainting-blender won’t perform well at all. It is one of the to-do things in blender development.

Awesome work man!

michalis, AlinB Thanks! :slight_smile: it’s very motivating :slight_smile:

… and another one… :smiley: But there is something wrong with this one (probably the white “paint” on his face is a bit to bright; also the background doesn’t work as it should) :confused: I’m not entirely happy :\ Anyways… moving on.

Pure render + dyntopo

a quick head before bed

good night.

I have to say, the modeling on most of these are very good and the texture work is nothing short of professional.

The fish creature especially looks good with the glossy material and SSS, giving it a very wet and slimy look. The shading and lighting however kind of gives a blown out and/or ‘dry’ look with a couple of these.

Now it is obvious that the sculpting is good on most of these, the quick head especially considering the smaller amount of time allocated to it.