Berkeley study finds voting fraud

cough
Sorry to put up another political thread… we almost just got rid of these things, but I thought this was worth pointing to. To give you a quick synopsis…

Researchers at UC Berkeley have crunched numbers and determined that 130,000-260,000 excess votes went to Bush in Florida.

>>> Read more here. <<<

oooOoOoOo that is scary.
but not suprising.

however i am sure you could get 5 experts to prove the opposite. LOL

Alltaken

Doesn’t surprise me at all … those republicans have been cheating since the previous elections…

md01

I don’t think its right to say “those republicans have been cheating…”
You shouldn’t generalize. That is what is wrong with the US these days, people generalize too much.

I don’t think its right to say “those republicans have been cheating…”
You shouldn’t generalize. That is what is wrong with the US these days, people generalize too much.

Doesn’t anyone here understand way of speach anymore ? And anyway, there’s alot more wrong with the US these days then generalisation…

md01

I think the Democrats cheated considerably too.
Hello, creating bogus voters, anyone?

that is hilarious.

everyone generalizes too much.

we all knew that errors like that would happen.
but since kerry gave up, it doesn’t matter.

That’s silly, SamAdam.

I am not concerned with voting fraud because of who won. There’s a good chance that Bush would have won regardless. The issue here is the integrity of democracy iteself. If such an issue as this is true, the American people need to stand up and say they will not stand for it.

Thus if valarking is correct in that some of the Democrats cheated likewise, that would need to be challenged as well. Democracy will not work if vote counting is tampered with, and that is the issue at stake here.

You just need to make sure that both parties cheat equally.

More nonsense. Cheating or not, its completely immatterial, its a hard job to get into, and the people who want the job that badly are exactly the same people that shouldn’t be doing it anyway. No point getting your pants in a fiddle over something that is going to be the same every 4 years.

I am reminded of the words of Joseph Stalin…

If democracy is to survive, we cannot take lightheartedly such things as a manufacturer of electronic voting machines which is one of the greatest contributors monetarily to one of the canidates, and which refuses to give a paper trail to verify the correct vote of the individual.

There was a method to make sure this went correctly: after a voter makes a vote, a paper printoff is run by behind a transparent casing, in which the voter could see that their vote was properly recorded, after which it would be properly filed away.

Agreed. I don’t like the idea of an elctronic voting system. Too many risks, too many ways to screw it over.

Of course I have to say, this whole thing may be bogus too. I find the fact that it’s been done by the single most liberal educational institues in America apalling. I can naturally assume that whoever did this study came into it predisposed to the outcome. If not, then I apoligize to whomever did the story.

here we go… %|

Keep ur political coments to yourself. The vote is over and bush is relected. LIVE WITH IT. If u cant be civil and discuss these issues perhaps u shouldnt bring it up. i hope this doesnt escillate too much

HEADCHEESE, calm the hell down. As far as I can see this isn’t even a heated argument yet.

ahh the keyword… “yet”. Anyway, srry its just that i hate when these things pop up and when people “toes” get stepped on and it escillates. I know from experience :slight_smile: Just a fair warning

It’ll get ugly as soon as people (you know who you are) start throwing around words like “Nazi” or start making wild accusations that have nothing to do with this conversation.

If Bush or any immediate staff or cabinet changed the outcome by cheating on the direct vote at all I’d like to see their heads on stakes in the White House front lawn, likewise I’d feel the same way if Kerry had won.

But I doubt very much if either of them or their people would dare try such a wicked act–mind you it’s a different story for those involved on a lesser scale that have nothing to do with the bona fide Bush/Kerry campaign(s). Despite what you believe of what they have done, they aren’t evil. Nor are members of the UN who provided multiple filibusters in the UN against the US. (though even this is under question with recent findings of oil for food monies…hmm, now who’s in it for the oil?)

No one in any situation here is a savior of any kind, not Bush for the US, not France and the UN, and certainly not some in this community who gratuitously toss around words and phrases that directly reflect their inability understand history.

roman empire.

Alltaken :stuck_out_tongue:

It’ll get ugly as soon as people (you know who you are) start throwing around words like “Nazi” or start making wild accusations that have nothing to do with this conversation.

Are you implying that bush is a nazi ?

Hear that?
It’s his point going right over your head.

I don’t know about you guys, but I like pie… :-?