Berkeley study finds voting fraud

Hear that?
It’s his point going right over your head

Yeah yeah … next time I’ll put an explanation of what I mean with small letters under my typed sentence… then all can understand valarking.

md01

[quote=“valarking”]

Hear that?
It’s his point going right over your head.[/quote]

Well I thought it was funny…

(p.s. that’s his joke going over your head)

Of course there are those who don’t read the whole thread and could leap on that comment, so maybe you have a point…

Depends on the kind of pie, staek and kidney is good, wheres chicken and mushroom is usually pretty lame…

Orange juice is good tho…

Alex

Hear that?
It’s his point going right over your head."

To my untrained ears it sounded like someone voicing an opinion then trying to stifle dissent, if you guys don’t agree you’re all crazzzy :o :o :o

Don’t question, get in line, is that apple pie or soylent green?

(p.s. that’s his joke going over your head)

Thanks for relieving me from explaning something simple as that!

I thought it wasn’t too hard to get … I wouldn’t dare write anything complicated here! :wink:

md01

off topic: best way to turn a thread into a flamewar? make a post hoping it doesn’t :wink:

on topic: Yeah I agree with the majority hear (surprisingly, on both “sides” ) - election fraud is not to be taken lightly. Fer gob’s sakes folks, I come from a country where the elections mean absolutely nuttin’ , and the leader gets “elected” with a 9x % margin every elections. You seriously do not want to find yourself in a similar situation.
And yes, I do think certain trends in the past two US elections have been disturbing to say the least. If you think it doesn’t really matter just wait till you find yourself in the thick of a dictatorship. Then I’ll listen to the “whump” sound of millions of Americans kicking themselves in the ass for not doing something about it sooner.

His joke was based on a point he misunderstood. Wow, how fuuuunnnny.

Me too. :wink:

I don’t think he misunderstood it at all, it seemed like sarcasm/satire to me. You, however…

I don’t think he misunderstood it at all, it seemed like sarcasm/satire to me. You, however…[/quote]

Besides the fact that he included no indicators of sarcasm (smileys, jk) I found his statement to be in such poor taste that I didn’t think any sentient being would make such a bad joke.

Did anyone here actually read the articles???

I skimmed through some of them. Even the study doesn’t claim any voter fraud. What they said is that statistically there was a difference in votes.

It is a pretty bogus claim. They put a lot of academics into it but, basically, they say that Bush received more votes than they thought he should have.

Those claims have already been refuted. The Florida counties that had large numbers of Democrat voters voted for Bush. The problem is that those counties are Democrat by tradition only and are very conservative. They typically vote Republican.

The Berkeley study tries to throw up a smokescreen by claiming they have examined all factors and found there is a strong correlation with the type of voting machine. They are ignoring the past trends in those same counties. They are using differences in “Hispanic” voting patterns, but most Hispanics in Florida are Cuban and trend heavily Republican. You can’t compare Florida’s Hispanic population with the rest of the country. Another one is the Jewish population in southern Florida. Although, they traditionally vote Democratic, there was a large change due to Kerry’s support of the Palestinians. Last, you can throw in the wild card of the hurricanes. It sounds like the state and federal Gov’t did a good job of getting in quick and making a difference.

Bottom line on the Berkeley study is that the only thing it proves is that Kerry didn’t get as many votes out of traditional Democratic groups as he should have and Bush got more.

No I am not, and I won’t name names of who does, but if you want to know justsearch for nazi in the forums. If you’re joking then please append smilies or emoticons so we can tell, read up on netiquette and why emoticons are used for this. This is a low bandwidth communication format, we can’t hear your tone of voice or your facial expressions. We have no other way of understanding you.

(that was directed at both md01 and the others who said he made a joke)

Blenderanim: thanks for the info.

Bush can’t be a nazi, he doesn’t have the moustache! :stuck_out_tongue:

Martin

hey theeth, majorly off topic but have u ever consider changing ur avatar?

True, but he does have some killer mind beams.

“Hold still while I melt you with my nucular vision.”

True, but he does have some killer mind beams.

“Hold still while I melt you with my nucular vision.”[/quote]

Bahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahaha

hes not a nazi, hes a revolutionary new product, nothing can beat a “NAZI-2000 with killer mind beams” for all those pesky extermination jobs.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Alltaken

Besides the fact that he included no indicators of sarcasm (smileys, jk) I found his statement to be in such poor taste that I didn’t think any sentient being would make such a bad joke

Valarking, the way you try to reverse things in simple manner is really funny…

No I am not, and I won’t name names of who does, but if you want to know justsearch for nazi in the forums. If you’re joking then please append smilies or emoticons so we can tell, read up on netiquette and why emoticons are used for this.

Oh my, are you and valarking forming a team against me ?
From your explanation about who calls ppl a nazi, it looks like you mean me … that’s the way it looks … while I was the one saying that noone (even kansas) should be called a nazi… it was Valarking who said kansas was a nazi …

Either you need to stop reversing facts or learn how to write, OR learn how to read

This is a low bandwidth communication format, we can’t hear your tone of voice or your facial expressions. We have no other way of understanding you.

Nooooooooo you’re kidding…

(that was directed at both md01 and the others who said he made a joke)

Okay God, I’ll pay attentino to your demands the next time I write something.

md01

But it was deadpan humour, so he had no facial expression. Deadpan is not supposed to be simply detectable as such face to face, so why should it be online? I thought we were a community, not a group of nursemaids. ([sarcasm tag for valarking and dittohead] Next time I say something deadpan to a group of people I’ll be sure to grin and append it with ba-boom.[/Sarcasm tag for Valarking and Dittohead/)

Alex

, so why should it be online? I thought we were a community, not a group of nursemaids. ([sarcasm tag for valarking and dittohead] Next time I say something deadpan to a group of people I’ll be sure to grin and append it with ba-boom.[/Sarcasm tag for Valarking and Dittohead/)

Alex, the reason they are acting like this is because they had some flamewars with me in other threads. The reason for the flamewars is the fact that some people (Valarking) want to reply in an impulsive and negative way to almost anything. He takes pride in trying to be an ass, cause he thinks that’s cool … the only thing I did was uhm… disagree with that… So, as you probably can figure…the reason he doesn’t like me is because I tell him this.

md01

You mean these images are fabricated??

How odd, my ass detector is goin’ nuts but it ain’t pointing at Valarking. :-?

Oh right, points it away from me. Hmmm, nope it’s off the scale now. :-?

On topic insertion just for the hell of it: I think universities are just a waste of time and the fact they do studies into crap like this just shows how pointless they are. I mean really, there are a million more important things to be thinking about than reeling over the fact that George Bush won and using petty statistics to try and prove he shouldn’t have.

Nope.

Have you considered proper spelling?

Martin