Best free sites for posting art porfolios?

Hey Blender Users,

I’ve been thinking about setting up a portfolio on line, but I’m a bit unsure as to which websites are worth getting involved with. So what do you think? Are there any really good sites (preferably free) or any to stay away from?

IMO, a wordpress page is the way to go, especially if you can’t/don’t want to hand-code a site from scratch. Lots of options and plugins for you to use, and you get a site that looks good and works on all modern browsers and platforms. (which is something a lot of people’s handmade sites tend to struggle with)

You could set up your own blog with a free wordpress site (http://wordpress.com/). They are free, easy to create, and maintain. It is as easy as picking a template, customizing it, and creating posts. My freelance website (link in sig) is wordpress hosted by godaddy.

If you don’t feel like you want to manage your site yourself you can always create a portfolio at CGSociety or Deviantart. Those sites are great for gaining extra exposure as well without having to advertise it yourself.

Behance. the best.

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to try wordpress and see how it goes. I might need to upgrade later on, but at the moment simple is good.

I like Carbonmade… it’s easy, simple and looks professional.

id say www.flavors.me

ch ch ch check it out !