Best Low cost Graphics tab suggestions

Im planning on buying Low cost graphics tablet for sculpting.for now i think of buying this “WACOM One By CTL-472” any other tab suggestions?

i strongly suggest this one. We had this in the office, and its way better than the one i have now, and just a tiny bit more expensive.

For reference, this is the one i have:

It works… but ehh…

the one i linked to above is a lot more comfortable.

2 Likes

+1 for the pen and touch. Comes in handy in applications that support canvas rotation.

1 Like

+1?? i dont understand what you are saying

What is the operating system that you use?
If this is for Linux, you should make sure that the manufacturer provides drivers for Linux. Basic functionality of Wacom tablets works on Linux.

1 Like

XP-Pen official store from AliExpress. ~30 euros for good tablets. 380 euros for Cintiq 16 close equal: XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro, which is my personal top pick at the moment for price/performance.

1 Like

+1 means that I agree with FinalBarrage. You might translate it with +1 vote for whatever.
Btw. It’s working perfectly fine on Linux.

1 Like

I too have a XP-Pen Artist 13.3 which I like a lot. They have a Linux driver but it doesn’t have all of the options. Unfortunately it’s 3X the price for what the Wacom one goes for, but there nothing like being able to draw right on the screen for sculpting, etc.

1 Like

I have window and linux

So if you want to use it in Linux, when you have a tablet in sight you will do a google search to know if it works in Linux. If it’s your first graphics tablet, a cheap Wacom would be enough to get you started.
But you should also investigate about these XP-Pen tablets, I do not know anything about it, but apparently they also work on Linux.

2 Likes

…and generally the safest bet on Linux.

1 Like

That’s right, Wacom driver in linux guarantees at least having basic configuration working. In addition some distros provide GUI for extra configurations. On KDE I use this:

But compiled by myself because Kubuntu stopped including it in repositories when it had stopped working for a while when KDE 4 just came out.

It’s worth checking also this resource: http://digimend.github.io/tablets/
I have one of Huion’s and it works on both Windows and Linux.

1 Like

i ordered this https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B078YNBFXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ouch thats a big investment. Are you sure you dont want to try a low end first? to see if you even stick around for a year?

Is it good?.It cost only 50$ this is the low cost tab for me in india.

Oh 3,499 rupies, i thought it was $3,499 my bad :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry go ahead!

1 Like

Just out of interest:
What would the cheapest Wacom tablet cost in India?
I’m sure I could find out myself but I’m lazy and not that good in proxiing search results for other countries.

WACOM One By CTL 3,500 in flipkart.

1 Like