Best Render For Animation?

Hey I was working with Cycles recently and that rendering process is breath taking, I mean literally, I would die, ok maybe no lol!
Anyhow, it got me to thinking, what render would you say is the best for a film?
Cycles Render or Blender Render (The internal engine)?

Also as a bonus to that question, what renders were Sintel and tears of steel made in, I’m assuming Elephant Dreams and Big Buck Bunny were Blender Renders.

Thanks in advance for you helpful answers, I am trying to decided how I should animate my work for this short episode I am working on.

I think Cycles! :smiley: On all questions! :smiley:

Thanks Joey for taking out time to answer my question, What makes you say Cycles?

I would say that BI is still faster, so if you don’t need photorealism and don’t have brutal CUDA GPU use BI.

Thanks for taking your precious time to answer my question, I certainly agree, Cycles takes soooo long, I can’t imagine rendering a scene with it. However, someone just showed me this, http://www.blenderguru.com/articles/proof-that-cycles-is-getting-faster-speed-comparisons/#.U7VjmPldWSo, by Andrew Price. So if Cycles were to speed up for sure and move like Blender Render, I’d use it, but other than that I agree, I don’t feel like waiting hours over years to finish a 30 minute episode lol XD
Thanks again Braffe!

@FAWSEntertainer
Happy to help. Cycles is doable and is not bad, but if you compare result of same amount of rendertime from both renderers, you will see noise in cycles output. And it takes a lot of additional rendertime per frame to clean it up.

Also as a bonus to that question, what renders were Sintel and tears of steel made in, I’m assuming Elephant Dreams and Big Buck Bunny were Blender Renders.

ToS = Cycles
Sintel = BI (sort of)
BBB = BI
ED = BI

what render would you say is the best for a film?
Whichever gives you the look you want in the time you have available

Thanks so much, this is interesting, I am actually working on a series I plan to air weekly on my website, and everyone is so happy about the cycles, which don’t get me wrong, I love it to! It just looks more realistic, but I’d rather a faster render, hehe!
Thanks soooo much for your time!

Yes!! and that is not fun at all! Lol XD

I think it depend what computer you have. base on the fact BI don’t support GPU, in some computers it is not faster at all and even slower. In my computer, BI have no advantage in time.