Best to avoid copyright images for purchased and optional donations

As I stated then my time with the game engine has ended. All I can do is use old content and make do with what I find freely available through cg textures or somewhere like opengameart to create some content without the problem of copyright. Sounds, like police sirens or people screaming, or fire sounds, I’m going to need that content too.

I haven’t received a response yet to the render query. I doubt the user had permission to copy it or the other. They just did because they could.

Well, you have the option to create your own original content. It might take some time to acquire the needed skills but there’s nothing like magic in this world, if one human can do it then anyone can.
I do all my stuff, sounds, textures and models. Yes, they look like garbage but it’s my garbage. And I’m getting better at it.
Just take your time to learn, unfortunately time is the only scarce resource we have.

I can make my own textures like photorealism, but that is it. I can’t do any photoshop creating or sounds.

I’d need to find some car sounds for a vehicle model I have. I’m sure there are some free car sounds that don’t have copyright.

You don’t have any sound recording devices? A pocket tape recorder? A laptop? A camcorder? (Yes a camcorder to record sound, why not. I use a Sony Handycam)
All you need to do is record a car sound.
Download Audacity, (free) buy some cheap cables, (RCA to 1/4 phone jack, or whatever) Plug one end into the tape recorder or whatever, the other end into your PC mike input. Hit play on the tape recorder, and record in Audacity. You may have to change some settings in audacity. I’ve done it a thousand times.
It’s not that hard. Most camcorders will export right to the pc, but you would have to demux, and although you can find what you need for free, at Videohelp.com, it might be above your skill level.

I only have access to a small digital camera with sixty seconds of video and a microphone USB. That is it.

So sounds on the web is the way to go.

I just wanted to add, last week, I did receive inquire about using some audio for a computer game free of charge, and the response from New Line Cinema was they didn’t want any audio from the film in a game. I sent another email for a bit of feedback no response on that.

It could because that film isn’t that old.

response from New Line Cinema was they didn’t want any audio from the film in a game

Haha so you must be a bit stupid then, but lucky as well, they could charge you a huge amount for it.

NEVER use sounds of movies or other games. It’s all copyrighted (c), trade marked ™ and other rights that are attached to it.

All you need to do is record a car sound.

And hope that the manufacture never finds out, yup those sounds are licensed aswell, you may record and use it in movies(youtube) etc. but you can not publish it.

just find free software to make sounds with(something like reason or fruity loops(their not free)).

60s is quite enough for most of the sounds you need. Don’t you have a smart phone? Even a cheap one should come with camera and microphone.

I’m sure there are some free sound generators out there allowing you to “design” an engine sound. it does not need to be realistic. It just needs to appear plausible.

This all belongs to game development. You can only benefit when you know how to make different kind of assets (and how much work that is). Finally you might have some friends that help you on that?

The game projects I have pursued are on my own.

I sent an online application to New Line Cinema to request use of four minutes of audio, they refused.

If I can’t do a sandbox FP walk around, with some random interaction with a couple of duplicate characters using copyright free and royalty free, then it won’t workout. I already have three sounds I downloaded from Sound Effects SFX.com or what ever, they allow commercial use. As well from opengame art, a road, grass, fence.

I have made one sound using my microphone, and I took a few images using the digital camera for textures. I’d just have to create some basic stuff in Photoshop for certain items. I don’t know.

My primary problem is the brick programming for my copyright free small projects.

I hope you noticed: You are the owner of the copyright of your projects ;).

@modelinblender

Sorry to tell you but your primary problem now that you’ve solved your copyright issues is GPL. But don’t worry, you can still sell your game, it will just be much more exciting to do so.

Oh, I wasn’t planning on selling, more just loose change donation try out. Either for a driving game or kind of sandbox game, but really bare bones. Not sure if I can succeed with this project. It would probably be simplar to just download the blend files from Thaimster LOL!

But what he has isn’t of interest to me. I’m trying this all without python, if you weren’t aware.

All you need to do is record a car sound. And hope that the manufacture never finds out, yup those sounds are licensed aswell, you may record and use it in movies(youtube) etc. but you can not publish it. just find free software to make sounds with(something like reason or fruity loops(their not free)).
LOL. I’m talking about actually going out into the real world, find a car, and record it. Surely Ford, Chevy etc, won’t sue over that. How would they even know?

How would they even know?

the same way how the music/film industry knows.

People talk.

I have only played a few games so far, nobody tends to sell or may be get some donations from their projects.

BS. Perhaps you misunderstood. Your saying If I go out into my own garage, start my own car, and record the sound, Ford, Chevy, can sue. Show me a link where that happened. Perhaps “Audacity” will also sue because I used their program to record. Or maybe Asus will sue because I used Their PC.
Sorry, I need to see proof of that

So by designing the motor and especially the exhaust pipes to the exact tones of their likings you can get a signature sound. And if it is copyrighted as an individual you may mimic that sound for your personal car but you’re not allowed to use your solution commercially.

This is really no problem as long as you do not deliver it under GPL (= separate GPL from non-GPL assets).

This is a quote from the articled you linked, it proves my point.

"I believe the linked article is wrong. As noted by others, you can’t patent a sound. You can copyright the recording of certain sounds, though it would be very narrow copyright. I can’t go out and record the sound of a bird or the ocean and keep others from making a similar recording – though I could prevent them from using my recording. "

Still, this is the reason I don’t post any of my games, you never know what can be copywrited.

we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. It was a good debate. :slight_smile: