Best Version

I’ve been looking around and it seems people have problems with various versions of Blender when making games. So now I must ask: What is the best version of blender for making games?

Will a new version be released soon that fixes these bugs? Currently I am using Blender 2.37A. Is this version “ok” for making games? Are there any serious bugs/errors in it?

I am asking simply because I don’t want to start a project then find out that the program isn’t working correctly because the current version of the game engine has problems. And guidence here would be greatly appreciated!

I’m make games,textures,avi in 2.37a
,but compile on 2.34

good and stable versions is 2.25 and 2.36

I agree with z-nissa, I do everything in 2.34

victor

Actually I prefer this one better…

Ultimate Blender. It’s a compilation by dreamkatana. Has various other features added into it as well. You can download it here.

http://blender.kaiowagames.com/

Jason Lin

but version 2.37b is slow…

I have 30 - 50 % fps down in my games :-?

In my opinion and experience, 2.25 has the fastest engine but lacks non-spherical boundboxes, while 2.37a has some small but bad physics glitches.

Are the chances of running into these glitches high?

use more python(only noerror scripts)
dont use “near”
use minimum physics
on nvidia blender is stable them on ati videocards (maybe)

It depends on exactly what it is. Here are two that I can’t fix:

When the Y-axis points vertically, shadow faces wobble.
When using the Camera Actuator, there is a visible shake.

Here’s one that seems like a virus:

Collisions involving added objects don’t trigger sensors.

i wanted to use 2.34, but one thing what i was doing worked only in 2.37a, i just downloaded 2.37b, evrything is nice, but i have problems with playing sounds… i make collision(without pulse mode)>AND>Sound>play edd
but it starts to play sound every frame! like with pulse mode! the same sound again non stop(while touching)
this problem in only when i have <50 fps, if more, every think is ok
can i do something to fix these sounds?

:slight_smile:

The thing with blender versions is backwards compatibility. Newer versions most always probably don’t run the older version game faster. Well a few people have had it run faster…

So if you started a game in one version of blender (I mean done a lot of logic brick and coding work in it) just finish it in that version. If not, upgrade to the newest version and work from there. I think the newer ones are better actually and you help to test to make sure the future ones get better and better. I use Ultimate Blender and the physics there are ok, comparable to 2.25’s engine. Plus the newer blender has a much better interface that I rather work in that environment instead.

Jason Lin

[quote=“Toomai”"]

tips and tricks:
set to added object (from other layer) empty collision!!!

Don’t know what you’re saying. At first everything worked perfectly, but just two weeks ago it broke.