Best way to do a massive scale road

Hey,

I want to do a circular highway, the diameter of the circle should be around 40km. It’s a futuristic city which is built on top of a crashed spaceship which is that shape and size, the idea is the road goes along the outside of it.

What I’ve thought to do is use a circular curve with a road segment and array. Obviously this is going to bump up the poly-count to a stupid amount and i’ll have nothing left to use up for buildings and props.

I need that size for the correct parallax, distant buildings etc. If I want a road chase there needs to be a good amount of road to use.

Is this the best way to do it? or is there another way? I thought about dividing the circle into quarters as when the camera is low enough you wont even see much of the surrounding areas so I could have each quarter in its own collection and turn them on and off as needed.

The other way was just to scale EVERYTHING down to a more manageable size but I want to ad an ocean mod in some scenes and I know that it looses its realism once the scale is changed from real world, at least it has for me in the past.

Any advice is much appreciated.