Bezier Curve CAD Tools for CNC Milling & Laser Cutting

blender2-80
add-ons
(Metin Seven) #41

I love Bezier Curve CAD Tools, many thanks for sharing this with the Blender community and for the 2.8 update, @lichtso!

I’m especially happy with the corner filleting, the 2D Booleans, the Subdivide and the Length function. :+1:

2 Likes
(Hickz) #42

Hello again :> Curve offset now gives a warning that it can only be used in 2D in blender 2.8, even if the curve in 3d is planar. It used to work for planar curves in 2.79 version, can you perhaps revert this back?

(lichtso) #43

I relaxed the 2D mode constraint of the “Offset Curve” tool to be a XY planar constraint.
So you can elevate a 2D curve along the Z axis inside a 3D curve object.

Theoretically, one could add a few extra steps which transform a curve of an arbitrary plane into the XY plane, apply the tool and transform the result back. But, one could use a new curve object to set its transformation to be aligned parallel to the plane, just as well.

(Hickz) #44

Hi! Can’t enable the addon with the latest builds, having this error

(lichtso) #45

The python API changed, should be fixed now :wink:

2 Likes
(Dominik) #46

thank you lichtso this addon is really great

when im using the 2d boolean operation i got often this error - im doing something wrong?

(lichtso) #47

No, you actually found a little bug in one of the edge cases.
It should be fixed in the latest commit on GitHub.
However, could you send me a screenshot or the file that caused this? (For future testing)

1 Like
(Dominik) #48

It’s working now, thank you.

The .blend file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbxkae9j8rfltwj/cad_boolean.blend?dl=0

(Brontobyte) #49

So I am using 2.79 the build before 2.79.7 cant get the addon to load ?

(Brontobyte) #50

i reported bug and it guided me to right ver

(Brontobyte) #51

I download wrong version now that I have the rigth version I am lost because I dont even know if I am using the right addon …I do not see that offset is included and I do not see it being named the same. Possibly I have a different addon that is interfering?

(lichtso) #52

It is just that the video is outdated. But the README on GitHub is correct, so you will find the offset tool in Add > Curve > Toolpath not in the Specials / Context menu.
So, yes I will have to update the video …

(Brontobyte) #53

Thank you for this !

(Hickz) #54

Hey! I think the addon is broken if you install it with the latest build. The options of the addon simply dont appear in the specials menu

(lichtso) #55

The python API for the depsgraph changed. Should be fixed now. Thanks for the info.

1 Like
(Hickz) #56

I was wondering if there’s a possibility to add an option to make outward offset behave like inward offset? So that it doesn’t bevel corners?