Bezier Curve Trim Extend

Five years ago jimflim release two fantastic addons for CAD-like Trim and Extend operators with Bezier Curves.

Since it no longer seems to be actively maintained, and they are not working with 2.8+ versions, I took the liberty to combine them both into one single addon, and update them to run on Blender 2.82+.

I’m no coder, so I won’t pretend to know how this all works, the internals are mostly a mystery to me, but I can manage to do the trivial legwork. I sneaked in a few other adjustments here and there for modern conveniences like:

1. Adding entries to top menus (ignore the Fillet, it is not from this addon)
  2. Adding entries to curve right-click context menus (ignore the Fillet, it is not from this addon)
  3. I tried to fix a few shortcomings and easy to catch issues but it was just low hanging fruit, there are still lots of corner cases that throw ugly Python error messages.
  4. Add a few modern notifications to the status bar
  5. It now registers by default working keyboard shortcuts, T for Trim and Shift + E for Extend

I updated for personal use but though you might like it as well.
Addon_DPFR_BezierTrimExtend_1_7.py (22.5 KB)
Hope it is useful, enjoy!

17 Likes

One an half year… and only one 10 people liked it… como on man. this is awesome tool… a tiny yet most important tool for curve artists… specially for cad background artist.s

3 Likes