bf-blender 2.34 windows with rendering speed improvment

-edit- change the name of the zipfile -edit-

i post a copy of my post in blender.org

"the speed increase in a huge factor with the correction made by Ton.
cvs dated in 31/8

http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/index.php3?zoo=com

directly :

http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/compilations/blender-2.34-cvs-windows.zip

we need now an official release for a such increase in power of blender. "

give it a try an comments

eek! be carefull naming your own builds “2.34a”

If some weirdo decides to post a bugreport with that name, that will lead to some serious confusement.

Roel

Xand:

Yeah, your post was confusing. At first glance I thought that 2.34a had officially been released, not that you had compiled a CVS build.

Its fast folks! I am trying to learn to compile Blender builds myself. You guys can’t keep all this fun to yourselves, hehehe.

Blend on!

sorry, but my build is still faster
i checked the speed of your build with my test scene:

your build: 141 seconds
my build: 92 seconds

scene was this:
http://www.silentthunder.de/pics/throne1152x864.jpg

machine was an old AMD athlon 1200 FSB 133
and this is my build:
http://www.silentthunder.de/files/blenderintel.zip

Nope, not if your still talking of an optimized build of the official 2.34,not with AO and by a wide margin. I can send you the .blend.

Besides that, yours crashes more than the official but nothing that’d make it unusable : indeed I use BlenderIntel all the time.

Jean

perhaps i should take a special look at AO rendering :wink:
especially in terms of profiling. i am really looking forward to the next CVS checkout

thanx for the thing with AO :slight_smile:

if the blender file isnt too big i would really appreciate it if you can send me a copy :slight_smile:

please send it to

[email protected]

thanx again

is this optima. also avaiable for the os x version
or is it a intel-only version?

is it related to the compiler or to blenders internal
code?

claas

The file is small enough, 119 KB zipped and the subject is quite simple : I hate long renderings just for the sake of testing, don’t you ?
:wink:

Jean

Append a ‘-cvs’, not an official minor version denotive symbol.

Thanks.

Antares, make an intel optimized version of the current CVS, then it will be faster since this is a speed up from a fixed typo.

to Xand:

I changed the title to 2.34 from 2.34a, because we haven’t had any “a”-release yet, don’t know if it even will be…

so if you don’t mind, change your link/build to a more proper name, we don’t want confusement amongs our users :slight_smile:

whats in a name.

(joke)

the latest feature in BF Blender CVS…is that there’s now a after-release “Global Undo” for all to test and give feedback on…

it is placed under preference-window under ‘Edit methods’…and push the ‘Global Undo’ , it works now outside of editmode and it even undos a CTRL+X command in Blender, also all buttons, pulldowns, viewing, colorchanges…settings, sliders…etc etc, all except Preference Window/settings…to make it work you need to have your mousepointer in 3D view…and use the U-key… :slight_smile:

just go ahead and play :slight_smile:

/.Z

Ztonzy and Goofster: Is confusment a word?

No, it’s confusement.

:smiley:

Jean

maybe not, but why ask instead of saying it can’t be typed that way?

please correct me if I write wrong :slight_smile: as you (I don’t know) I am not native english in my language…

Actually, Anta][es’s optimised version is still substancially faster – Here are some rendertimes of a simple sphere on a cube with just AO lighting:

Latest CVS build: 17 seconds
Anta][es’s optimised version: 13 seconds
Blender distributed (Soft shadows for all lamps): 16 seconds

didn’t try it with the official 2.34, but out of the versions I use the latest CVS build is definately the slowest.

Anta][es:

Any chance of optimising the latest build from CVS and using the patch for soft shadows from foof? doing this would be truly awesome.

yeah i can’t wait untill blender gets fast again LOL.

its raytracing is truly slow at current design.

Alltaken

Not every time Madcow and I mean that there is a big difference in favor of the new built when raytracing and AO are combined.
But I haven’t isolated all the parameters that will make one or the other the best choice : the Official isn’t it that’s for sure.

Jean