BForce

Neat turret! Looks like the Eve ship from WallE. I like the gun. I can’t wait to play!

here goes a “to” instead of an “for can”, so it should look like this

very cool ,reminds me of Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 2142, in both games engineers can spawn turrets :smiley:

It’s true it’s true!! :yes: My English is improving but still has “bugs”! haha Anyway i think that it is understandable!! Thanks!!

The auxiliary systems are devices that give support to the bots in the combat. This devices allow bots to reload or change equipment in the battle. Therefore, it is convenient have the control of the areas where these devices are. They can mean the difference between the victory or the defeat.

Attachments

New updates in a few weeks.

Keep up the good work!!!

Do you need anything made? I can code weapons, ammo pickups, Ai’s etc in logic that are decently low resource,

I’m rebuilding all the proyect. At the moment i do not need any help, and in the future i dont think so, but if some time i need some support, i take this into account. Thanks :wink:

Here are some pictures of how the thing goes, in these images are seen 45 players. They are moving, which means about 30,000 polygons “moving together”. Performance is good, but with low quality shadows a bit obviously.
The robots are customized automatically and randomly, randomly choosing different types of color and embellishments and equipment. Resulting in more than 7.6 million different combinations.

Your project looks awesome! 45 players? 30k polis? That shouldn’t be high, try with 128 and then 256, I’m interested in the results you can get. How many parts of the players are customizable?
Keep it up hermano, your project looks CALIENTE!

Well, the result is about 667 faces per player, with almost all the equipment, i think that it is a good result for a low poly actor.

The color of head, head trimmings, body, halo of the lens, the halo of the propellant, arm trimmings, arms and type of arms and weapons.

Haha thanks!

google translate for the win! xD

Well, the result is about 667 faces per player, with almost all the equipment, i think that it is a good result for a low poly actor.

Te result is the performance! How does the game behave with 128, 256 or 512 players? I know the BGE can handle 10000 static objects(scenegraph), or 1000 dynamic(physics) , or 128 with logical objects. I need to know how it behaves on your game.

Pliz, do a stress test!

google translate for the win! xD

No hubo necessiudad para eso! De verdad, jamas he usado google translate… Anyways Spanish is sugoi!

Ahh ok you mean the number of player in scene! I had understood that you was talking about the number of polygons. I am implementing the IA, when i have a good NPC with all functions, i do it!

Anyway, here is a screenshot with 110 players, the fps are too low. The thing is that the number of objects, polygons, textures etc… that blender can handle is directly proportional to your computer power. My pc has a bad graphic card but it has a i5 processor so that makes up a little. If you want to put a lot of objects in your scene and with those objects you lose a lot of power (logic actors… etc) you must use occluders!!

Are you using an LoD thingy? That might help. . .

Hmm, thank a lot! I figured, logic and rasterizer would take most of the power… what happens if you focus on one bot? If you don’t render mos of the players, will you have those frames? what if you lower the physics steps under the world tab and increase you logic ticks? To, lets say 500?

The entire project use occluders.

In the scene with 120 players if you focus the camera in a little area, the fps increase. The physics steps’ variations doesn’t have any visible effects in the fps, the logic steps variations increase something the fps, but not too. We are talking about 120 actors, with less likely the increase should be higher.

So, in short, if I need to have many players around, I must ensure that the least faces are visible (LOD), in your case, you can replace the players by a sphere and then a cube!
Oh well, I’ll run my tests soon, thanks for your assistance Beral.
Keep up with your project, I’ll go back to mine!