BG Christmas competition - "Find a loving heart"

Hey everyone,

after the positv experience in joining the latest competition from Andrew I thought to give this one a chance and challenge myself again with getting more into Cycles :smiley:

Took me a while to get an idea of want I want to do and I decided for a toy bear in front of a toy store finding a new “heart” personalized by a bear lady in a toy box.

This is where I’m at right now.

The lighting is very basic as I’m focusing on the modeling right now. I’m just running out of ideas to fill the store at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

You can check out the detailed steps on my website.

Cheers
Andreas

I think snow can improve, you can add textures reliefs. I did a test on a material of snow, if you want to see, here goes:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Thank you. The snow indeed looks great. But as I mentioned I’m not at that level of detail yet :smiley: That will follow as soon as the modeling is finished. Some textures were just added to get a better feeling for the atmosphere.

Cheers
Andreas

Hey, that’s a good start. I wish you good luck in the competition.

what? last competition? so there will be no competitions? or… latest competition?

Was suppost to be “latest” :smiley:

Here an update. I finished the modeling and filling of the scene. Started to go into details with the textures and lighting. I gave the strand light a spot light for each lamp. Now the scene is very noisy. Any idea in terms of adjusting setting or going for a better light source?