Click here to visit bGame!
After having a hard time finding some good finished Blender games on multiple occasions I started to wonder why nobody has made a website dedicated to released Blender games.
Luckily I don’t have to be worry about that anymore thanks to bGame!
I coded most if it in a few hours but I’m going to try to actually turn this into a proper site and host it on a subdomain on anicator.com .
What is Done:
- Pages are connected to the database
- Database data retrieved from tables
- Ratings can be calculated
- Users/Devs can login
- Custom 404
- Game and Developer pages can be viewed
- New developers can now register on the site
- Developer ratings have been added to the database
- CP: Add Game feature added. Still a bit buggy but it’s almost ready.
- Convert ratings into star icons on pages
- Setup the User/Developer Control Panel
- Allow people to rate the games
- Register amount of downloads per game
- When a new user/developer registers they now get an e-mail sent to the e-mail entered in the form.
- E-mail is sent to administrators when someone adds a new game.
- Social sharing buttons on game and developer profiles.
- Multi-platform download URL support. (Windows, Linux, Mac, Blender)
- Games can be featured on the front page
- Allow people to flag games.
- Allow users and developers to change their password.
- Allow users and developers to request a new password.
- Improved URLs, they make a lot more sense now and the search engines will like it too.
- You can now report bad download links. Both bGame and the developer will be informed about it.
- Added RSS feeds. Currently just three feeds (Top rated, Most downloaded, Recently Added). You can access them by clicking the RSS icons on the front page.
- Support comments on all profiles (supported on news, game and user/developer profiles)
- Allow people (may be restricted to moderators) to host contests
- User/Developer Avatars
On my List:
- Allow people to review games (you can sort of do this right now by posting comments and rating games)
- Sort games by OS on the game list
In the end the developers will have to provide a description, some screenshots and a download link for their games.
You can access the website here!
Don’t worry about your passwords. They’re encrypted as soon as you press the ‘Register’ button.
If you encounter any bugs or issues or if you have any feature requests. Please let me know. All your opinions are welcome.
More detailed information about certain areas of bGame can be found below.
bGame Download Mirror
If you wish to benefit from this download mirror which allows users to directly download your game archives your game will have to meet a few requirments.
They’re quite simple though.
- Your game has to be fun
- Your game has to be kinda cool
Now these are subjective requirements which might become more defined over time but right now this is done for a reason. The quality of the games submitted to bGame differs quite a lot so it’s all flexible right now.
Most important requirement would have to be that you can actually play the game. (I’ve seen plenty of Blender games that are either unplayable or don’t instruct the player at all)
If you wish to have your game mirrored more quickly then you should use the contact form that you can find on the website to send a request.
Your game will then be reviewed. After it has been reviewed you will receive a message which will either tell you that your game is now mirrored or you will receive an e-mail that contains the sad news and some hopefully constructive feedback because you can always try again!