BGE help...

ok i need some help, I need to know how to setup like walk cycles in BGE and like animations for the stand/attack Cycle when u press a key, other than all of them mushing into each other. Help would be muchly appriciated. Also i need to know how to like when u strike at an opponent it plays another animation of them dying.

Also this isn’t as urgent and important as the others but how do u make a health bar that goes down when attacked.

I thought you said you were experienced with the game engine?

I believe you quoted this just a little bit ago, did all of your experience fly out of your mind.

BTw my skill lvl is actually high :wink: i just made those rough models in like 2 minutes, lolz. i’ve been using blender for 2 years.

~ nah that was too mean…~

health bar thanks to blendenzo http://www.blendenzo.com/tutHealthBar.html

and walking and etc thanks to oto http://otothecleaner.free.fr/tutorials/LittleOTO/littleoto5/otolittle5.html :slight_smile:

That helped me a ton!

blender Game Engine? i know the ge freally well that’s all i use blender for. but i’m not good at python

that’s what i also said. i’m good at the GE but i believe those scripts are python :stuck_out_tongue:

well i got u covered on the walking stuff…caugh caugh OTO. That tutorial is not python just armatures. Be patient with the walking it could be frusterating

LMAO

ten chars

It has become way too obvious that you don’t understand Blender.

“i know the ge freally well”
“i’m good at the GE”
-Gangstagaret

No, you fail. To fix your making a collision and animation problem , there is a collision sensor and an ipo/ action actuator. If you were “freally” good or even had any knowledge of the game engine, you would know this.

Also, you can use a Property combined with an collision sensor and an ipo actuator to make a health bar. I will give you some slack on this because it seems that this idea is too hard to fathom for far too many people.
I was going to just say “Leave now”, but where is the fun in that?

Take what everyone is saying and think on it, agree with it, and put it into practice.

And don’t use the word ‘like’ as you would in a conversation. That’s really annoying.

BGE help…

ok i need some help, I need to know how to setup like walk cycles in BGE and like animations for the stand/attack Cycle when u press a key, other than all of them mushing into each other. Help would be muchly appriciated. Also i need to know how to like when u strike at an opponent it plays another animation of them dying.

Does it really take that long to edit those out? Or just don’t type them in the first place.

He’s like only like 13 dude, go, like, easy on him. snicker

Sorry kid, it’s just kind of sad that you say you’re “[f]really” good at it, and then know less than I do. I’m not that great at it.

actually i made a couple games b4! i’m going to post them when i get time to host the files. i just never really tried fighting games and using armatures in the game engine. I use blender for modeling more then anything. I started using the game engine like 2 months ago and got pretty good. But never took time out to learn adding Armatures into games. :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: thanks for the OTO link that helped ALOT.

Please! Why is everyone being mean to Gangstagaret? It doesn’t seem very nice!
On a different, but more related note, I agree. Those tutorials are very good and should really help you out!

Snailrose did a tutorial which includes how to set up a character in the BGE.
Download it and remember to unzip the file. If you take your time I’m sure you’ll get it.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22034

Also, it’s not necessary answer people who are being jerks. You will only encourage them to continue. Try only responding to people who have something encouraging or useful to say. This is a part of walking with dignity and professionalism.
Because it is important that we can understand what you are asking, try to leave out slang and abbreviations. And it’s ok to say that you have some modeling experience, but are relatively new to the game engine. That is how most of us started if we are honest. I’ve still only scratched the surface of this thing. And judging from the low number of finished, playable games so has most everyone else.

If you have any questions about the Snailrose tutorial feel free to post here, or message me directly and I’ll do my best to answer your questions.