BGE is dead. And the slow death of blender

What’s behind the curtain.

Millions of lines of code, know how, work, tutorials, video channels (eg. Blender Guru, etc.), books, and many many projects, died!

Thank you, Blender!

2 Likes

The engine still lives at

we are open to discussion about the future continued development and patches for the engine.

The BF has not actively devoted any resources to the bge in years,
not even to review large refactor patches*

1 Like

Is this video is a fake? Is this an official video of BF?

I think it’s good if you want to discuss things. But the message is quite clear. BF deleted the BGE!!! Or is this a bad joke in the video with English humor? I am a continental European. I don’t understand these jokes.

I have the task in our company to observe the development of blender and the BGE, whether it can be used for professional use. With this very very bad marketing we decided at this week not to use Blender! So Blender is for beginners and for hobbies.

Cheers

1 Like

upbge is the only ones who have been developing bge for a few years now.

checkout upbge.org

we are continuing this work.

We have active pulls right now,
if you need support for your company open an issue*

we will be supoorting bug fixes and updates as well as a eventual refactor.

1 Like

I check this branch today. And there is dead silence. I have send Tristan an message. No answer. I offer my support. No answer. I really hope that the UPGBE can take over the job of BGE and can bind a stable community of developers around them. But the marketing of BF is probably against it.

I wonder if this branch will hold. We’re waiting now. If it is clear whether BF does not prevent further development, one can also get involved.

I wish you good luck.

Cheers

1 Like

I’ll still stick in bge regardless of consequences, which of course are pure superstition

which fork? upbge went silent when tristan disappeered and no one else could accept pull requests so we opened this fork and will be ‘sharing the keys’ so it will never go dark

check issues (we have a pull going kinda with updating old upbge sources to 2.79 guts
[pbr node etc])

we are still learning git etc. :smiley:

Why Give them what they want in the form of Donations , if there taking away our “Game Engine” : I think by killing the Game Engine it is keeping the next Generation of Blender users , the kids , from getting interested in Blendr at an early age. By Keeping The Game Engine , the future of blender is assured …

1 Like

…OK, I will try it…
GIT is …
I have to get used to GIT.

However, I will not compile any software to be able to use a running BGE. I have to program VR simulations and no tools. I will also be redesigning a game engine to be able to do VR simulations. I will also not program an operating system so that I can use a computer (I have done it once). I’m not going to develop any computers either, so I don’t have to write on paper.

I hope you understand me.:cool:

PS: BluePrintRandom, the last real action on the GIT thread is in January, 1. 2018. Then, only one logo was deleted and a new one was added. And no executable program exists! :evilgrin:. I write this text on April, 27. 2018.

OK: How can I help you?
I think you must first of all build trust. Small steps would be most important. So eliminating long known errors. Only then would it make sense to integrate other source codes. I think that otherwise you will be doing a lot of work and not trusting, because too much confidence has been gambled away by Ton.

Peter

1 Like

So keep the maritime digital shipyards running with BGE up to 2.79.
Instead of following progress in Blender follow development in upbge and or Ketsji.
That will suit me. If you don’t like maritime, tough luck, but the digital shipyard workers are all for Ketsji/upbge.B

What is this? Do you have any more informations about that or a link? That’s sounds good.

Peter there are already a thousand threads discussing this. There’s even one in the general discussion forum here. Just use one of those.

Ooooo… thanks, I switch to this thread…

Visitors… look to the first page of this thread to show the official video from Blender Foundation.

Peter

Stop nitpicking BGE! Why won’t we rather defend it? I would

I want to move over to Ketsji but I’m a donkey for CMake. Help?

More in humour I think but I make 25km routes using .hgt and blender script. Then add whatever you make docks, ports, harbours ships. At present just solid sailing ships. Anybody could make them. B

More in humour I think but I make 25km routes using .hgt and blender script. Then add whatever you make docks, ports, harbours ships. At present just solid sailing ships. Anybody could make them. If a goup made similar it would be more interesting as my knowledge is limited. I will post further maybe in the BGE work in progress thread. B

<@&438645847778000897> Blender Talk - Invite > https://discord.gg/blender <

We will talk you through building*

but it’s almost just like - https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/

why don’t you build it for everyone that wants to use it.people making the Upbge did.

that is our intentions lost science

one must change the source before they compile*