BGE Limitations

Hey everybody.

Currently I’m, trying to make an interactive Walkthrough using the built in BGE. Actually no big deal. But the maximum screensize on can set is 2000 x 2000 px. But i need a higher resolution. Is there a way to avoid or expand this limatation?
Thanks for your help.

Use Crystalspace, it is great for walk through things! It has a camera all set up for you!
It can handle any resolution that your graphics driver can.
It can also handle a lot more textures and polys than the BGE can.
(not to mention how much easier it is to get shadows on things.)

here is the blender plugin for you:
http://b2cs.delcorp.org/index.php/ArtistInstall

Use blenderplayer.exe to run your .blend file. It supports resolution higher than 2000x2000 pixels. It is in your Blender program folder.

Are you being paid by the CS developers to heavily promote this, hehe

Are you being paid by the CS developers to heavily promote this, hehe?
:cool: Reminds me of your jokes back in the good ol’ days,:slight_smile:

Mmph, I know you like Crystalspace, but I need to ask you to stop plugging it in response to people’s questions. This forum is not about Crystalspace, and Crystalspace is never the answer to a question about the Blender Game Engine.

imho thats simply too strict. You can’t support an OPEN SOURCE software by excluding other OSS. Thats just not right. If he’s enthusiastic, why not?

Thank you guys for your support! Now I’m using the blenderplayer and a batch-file. It works perfectly. The only thing I have to regard is to set the framing to EXPOSE in the Game framing settings.
Running the application in fullscreen ends up with a little distortion at the borders of the screen. But I think it’s ok.

Use blenderplayer.exe to run your .blend file. It supports resolution higher than 2000x2000 pixels. It is in your Blender program folder.

thanks for this new info :slight_smile: