BGE Object affect another object in all location axes and 2 rotation axes?

Howdy all!

I’ve done some searches through the forum, but don’t really know what words others would have used to describe a similar issue.

Picture a person on a skateboard - The board is always parallel to whatever it’s on, and the person is usually vertically oriented globally. The person is usually only perpendicular to the ground if the ground is level.

I’m trying to get a similar effect in the game engine. I have the “Skateboard” controlled using the built in logic. I can’t seem to figure out how to attach an object above it such that the location of the object is completely influenced by the “Skateboard”, yet doesn’t take the x or y rotations (only the z rotation is influenced).

At first I thought, parent the objects and add a constraint to the upper object that would lock the x and y axes, but that didn’t do it, the upper object was always perpendicular to the ground. (Currently the object moving across the ground uses a distance constraint to keep it parallel)

I know this is a very simple issue. I’m comfortable with py and I know a little script would make this easy, but it seems so simple there should be a way to parent and constrain the objects to get the desired effect.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! If there’s anything I haven’t explained clearly, let me know and I’ll try to clarify… (I’ll be gone for the next half hour, but I’ll be back after that)

Daniel