This is a suggestion to improve the BGE.
I’m using multiple scenes a lot. I recognized the lack of support for scene management.
It is possible to add and remove scenes. There is only a limited option to determine the order of scenes.
A) Adding scenes with a given order
- add the scenes in the order of the scene actuators/python calls (no GUI change needed)
- an option to add multiple scenes at once with a given order. (e.g. via an order parameter)
- added scenes should be added relative to the adding scene.
B) Changing the order of active scenes
- the option to exchange scenes (= to change the order of active scenes) while they are running (similar to the order change in various applications with layers [Gimp/PowerPoint etc]).
C) Access to the name of inactive scenes
- Python access to available non-active scenes (for adding/switching).