I dont know why, many people think that the game engine is doing 99% of the work and they do the other 1%.
A good , “top noch” looking game is made by very…VERY talanted and gifted people. Artists, programmers, game designers, ect. and cost atleast 1-2 millions and the working progress is about 1-1.5 years. and do not forget marketing, couse marketing make a game “top noch”.
So the right questions you must ask is:
Am I very, very gifted profssional?!
if not: Do I have at least 1-2 millions dollars to hire some profssionals.?!
Am I ready to dedicate atleast 1-1.5 years to the making of the game.?!
I can write 10-20 more questions you must ask your self ,before asking about possibilities of one or another game engine.
P.S. Sorry if I’m being rude and for my english, but that is the way of making AAA games and becomming notable in the industry.
Q: Can the blender game engine make games using really high quality like the renderer?
(Search the net ,there are some examples of this kind of quality.)