BGMC 19 - what specs are you developing/testing on?

Hmmm… was sure I had posted on here, but blenderartists was acting weird yesterday. Anyway, here goes:

i7-4930K hexacore 3,4 GHz
64 GB RAM
AMD R9 280x
Windows

I tend to make fairly high-res models, and can at times get pretty crazy with various gameplay(more like simulation really) code.

I’m making a game for this BGMC, I don’t know if I have time to end it as I have to visit my family the 23th (or maybe the 24th), and there’s no computers or internet there. Anyway here are my specs:

And right above me we can see the two polar opposites of BGE users…

Main computer:
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core 2 6600 2.4GHz
8GB RAM
NVidia GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti

My heap of crap “computer”:
Windows 10 32bit
Intel Celeron 2805 1.46GHz. Apperently! More like 0.42!! -.-
2GB RAM
Integrated Intel graphics

I start to loose point of my life…:smiley:

jeees @@John_tgh, what are you rendering with your render farm?! The next Pixar movie?! :pp

AMD Athlon 4 Core 3.70 Ghz, 8 gb ram, AMD Radeon R7 200 series, OS win 8.1 64b.

I’m running a mid range mac mini, with 8gb of ram and onboard graphics chipset, and to be fair I’m pleasantly surprised what it can handle. That being said, I have a quad core with a fairly recent nvidia card, which is just beautiful to bake cycles textures on. Shame I can’t seem to get the drivers working on linux so I’m stuck for the time being with winxp lol!

I think if people are using heavy effects and 2D filters, they should give an option to enable or disable them on start up. Nothing worse then playing a game where all the textures are white because the video card isn’t supported. That being said, I’m taking no risks, I’m not going to use SSAO, bloom, or even mist, and opting for a compromise with cycle baked textures. This is going to keep my blend file highly portable and since I only have one level it should not be too heavy to download either.

Some people have servers as their work stations! It seems.

just optimal to run games , its not a monster