BGMC 20: Blender Game Making Contest

So making a Wip thread isn’t necessary this time?

AFAIK it’s never been necessary, but no one is stopping you if you want to make one.

is it okay to use CC stuffs?

Sure. I’d say it’s fine to use anything freely accessible by everyone

So… who’s in the contest?
I only see a few WIP theads, so I’m wondering if everyone is keeping their game a secret. ^^

I have 3 projects that are not BGMC so I don’t think I will be competing, I was going to emulate a arcade screen using vertex color and paint on a 2d retro jet flying game, but alas… Chaos emergency, Pagio and Keisha need me.

the woes of being smart and popular. 'nuff said.

We can submit before the deadline right?

Sure. I just saw your game. It looks great.
I especially like the menu. Very professional.

Of course!
As a matter of fact, it’s definitely recommended to submit before the deadline if you want to make it in :wink:
If you want, you can even make a thread at anytime with a WIP version of your game. Just make sure it points to the latest/final version when the counter hits 0, as then I’ll collect all the entries into a single pack (and hopefully I’ll be collecting the complete versions)

I certainly wouldn’t object to an extension. I might be able to finish up a something a bit closer to half decent, hah!

I dont mind. :smiley:

Hopefully I’ll throw something together tomorrow morning…

extension!! Yay!! My levels could be more than a flat plane with cubes on top!

(at this point, I may not even get the mechanics working to support 7 different levels in time)

i had an airplane in first person pretty realistic … but is not funny …
i guess drive an airplane real is not so funny .
problem is
-> high speed
-> big spaces
-> many objects (optimizations…)
-> potential lod …

alternatives:
elicopter in 2D

Wait, the contest has ended? I thought it was until today evening… :frowning:
NOOOOOOOO!
:frowning:
I must look for rope now, I am lating for a few hours, guilty are my parents…

Hi Gandalf, I used the extra time to fix a couple of bugs.
I posted the final version on the finished games thread for the game.

For everyone else, thanks for taking part! I though I was one of only two people at one point, but lots of last minute entries have cropped up, it should be an interesting contest.

Will my game be counted if I publish it tomorrow? I just didn’t have any chance to finish and publish last 2 days due to several things that took all my time.

I’d say it’s fine. I for one would love to see it!
But if others have strong objections, then it wouldn’t be fair for it to be in the voting.

I object to him not entering.

just finish de game mon.

+1 for allow late guy.