BGMC 23 | All Games Pack

Hey Cuervo1003, I tried Nuke with Blender 2.78 and it crashes to desktop without even opening…

I already downloaded and played the game with 2.77 but it was quite far zoomed in.
It works well in UPBGE, but it has the same zoom level.

You’re, right giving the camera a zoom angle of about 20 degrees makes for a much better game.
I enjoyed your game anyway, I’d place it one of my top five. The graphics were excellent and it had great voice acting.

I played all the games, I set aside about 10 minutes for each. If I was enjoying them I kept going for a bit longer.

Some of my favorites:

The Meltdown: A little short and had some issues with the ending not happening when I played, but a lot to like, nice atmosphere and looks good. Reminds me a lot of some old RPGs I used to play.

Silent House: Pretty scary, I’m a bit stuck right now but I’m hoping to play it more and find out where it goes.

The Demon’s key: Great little prototype for an RPG, my students would love this.

City of Time: Probably my favorite, really well made and kept me engaged all the way to the end. I played it for much longer than I intended.

The Long way home: I didn’t feel the mood of the story fit the graphics style quite right, but it was a beautiful game and really well made.

Raven’s Food: I really hope that ApelsinShow decides to work a bit more on this one, there were just a couple, of issues which caused me problems like the messages being shown behind the blood so I couldn’t tell what’s going on. Overall I really liked this one, interesting idea and pretty funny.

I would say I rank the hole as first, nuke as second, and am undecided for 3

There were some good entries, however I think with a topic like tell a story, more framework is needed.
{something like the ui I made but more polished and generic)

I pass arguments from main to a ui scene to call type writer text but it needs centered, or in game menu like the pie menu I used, but most important is that new elements can be shared between projects easily.

(I think I could us a create element, and update elements dictionary and make it more performant, as well as easier to extend)

With easier to use tools
The baseline quality would jump significantly.

I put your game under 2.77 to try and avoid this from happening.
Maybe next BGMC we should have 1 version of blender that everyone has to use to make it easier.

I think you left out my game: Filling that Void. You can find it in the finished games section.

that’s a great idea! Ads from the gamespack of the last contest could fund the next contest! The only problem would be that someone would have to manage the ad money.

so far from all of them i like the Hole. I looked good its just the controls were hard to navigate, but got into it. The was skill involved in this one. Not dissing any other game just saying how he did the rooms was cool i took a look at the layer and thought wow, cool idea.

Sorry about that! I must have completely skipped past that one.
It looks nice too but there is a couple problems with your entry:
-245mb, the limit was 50mb (the penalty would exceed 100%)
-After exiting the first room the player gets stuck and can’t do anything.

If you can condense it below 100mb I will consider adding it in but otherwise it is too heavy for the package

I can ask the judges to play the game so you get some feedback for next time if you would like me to.
The game looks nice and minimalistic, but there is still some bugs to solve. Hopefully you learnt lots this BGMC and can make something even better next BGMC!
Here is the link if others want to give feedback: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?415048-BGMC23-Filling-that-void

For next BGMC I recommend looking into how to keep your filesize down and optimize (because 245mb is much too large):

I have google adsense on my website and youtube so I could sort this out, but the problem mainly is that you will need at least 1000 viewers just to get a couple dollars. And even then with transfer fees etc. it would be maybe $1-2 dollars.
Not worth the cost or the hassle unfortunately, at least until BGMC gets bigger!

I’m ma start playing this games right away :smiley:

When are the results revealed?

Taking long time for just 2 more judges to decide. :evilgrin:

I think they had issues playing some of the games. (upbge / bge issues)

@ThaTimster, could we get a quick update?

3/4 judges have submitted their rating and comments, I am waiting on one more.
I will release a video once all the judges have submitted their ratings announcing the top 3 games and honorable mentions

@thatimster i say just drop that judge, and cast the vote with the 3 other odd num is good anyway. this is taking longer than it did to make the games. kinda disappointing that the judges cant focus on getting the results. It shouldn’t take this long. I have a job too, and stayed up very late to get this out to everyone, in a short time. I lost lots of sleep, trust me. They could give the courtesy of getting the results already. And yes this is coming from the guy with a day late entry. Seems like a lot of people agree with me.
Thanks.

it is true that the voting is taking long. But I’m sure there a good reasons for that. I really can’t wait to get some more feedback on my game but I think its especially hard to judge stories, so I’m hoping to get some resonable votes by the judges. Lets also not stress people too much, as we’ve all just discovered how stressed a game jam makes you.

The scores should be ready soon. All the judges have submitted as of yesterday. Timster is just getting everything ready.
Source:

Adding finishing touches to announcement video and pdf.
The judges are very busy themselves and it is a completely voluntary role, they don’t get anything for it so I think people should be a bit more greatful.

Results should hopefully be up in the next 6 hours sometime

I can’t wait. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds great, thanks all involved.