BGMC 23: Tell a story | Announcement!

If you need someone to help you with modeling/texturing/materials I’ll have a lot of time this week.

ok ok. I’ll know if i’m in later today.

hey i have some sprites i may have uploaded with blood and sparks, if i reupload them can i use them?

If they were previously available (for free) then you can use them no problem, otherwise share them in the resource forum and you should be able to use them :slight_smile:

seem to have understanded something new :)ie, as player i not like the game too story oriented but i guess can be useful instead for the developer

Attachments

Do Textures count as Assets? In other words, can I use pre-existing textures, or do I need to go out on an expedition with my Camera?

Just make the textures open source (ie. post them in the game resources forum) and it should be fine.
Your game entry will have to be open source anyway, so if you’d rather not make the textures open source, either use your camera or grab some other ones from the internet.

Hello friends !
Why people talk about Panda3D/B4W/BDX/Armory ? Where is forum moderator (@Monster) !
Hello @Thatimst3r ! Why you ?

We are running a competition called BGMC (blender game making challenge). During the competition everyone has 7 days to build a game. We are letting people use any ‘blender integrated engine’, so that people have more freedom.

Me and Grenzer are hosting because we won BGMC 22.
Monster is one of the judges for this event.

I have added a countdown timer until BGMC 23 ends to the original post.

http://s.mmgo.io/t/i7N

That’s a menacing countdown if I’ve ever seen one

Yes that’s true, I want people to feel a sense of urgency so they don’t spend too long on graphics and animations (as I previously did in my BGMC entries.

Day 2 for me, end of day , I may code a little more tonight

Akira San made the model and gameplay concepts and GDD and I textured the bot, coded and animated it with code :smiley:

Reactor #23

Whoa how did this thread get featured?!

Just a couple emails :wink:

Looking forward to all the game entries! Make sure you focus on gameplay + theme adherance (this makes up 60% of the score) graphics only make up for 25%

I have a model in question? Is it ok to use a model that i downloaed as a base for a retopo? Also is it ok if its from a movie?

Was the model open source?
I guess if you are using retopo then you are modelling it yourself anyway so it should be fine.

cool thanks for the quick response. u saved me some time. lol

Why is theme adherence only 10%

Damn, there is already another another bgmc going on … i should get customized to log in here more frequently or otherwise i could miss something that awesome again! But there are so many other interesting things that could occupy your attention. So much opportunities out there today.

Damn again this was a real good theme that i wish i have not missed it.

Triple times damn … sometimes i miss the good old times of my childhood.
A time before the internet.
A time with a much more slower pace than nowadays.
A time where i was aware of that feeling … what was it called again …?.. yeah the pretty four times damn relaxing BOREDOM!

Forget it, i cant await all your heart attack creating games and stories!