It’s time for Blender Game Making Challenge 27!!! Which The theme vote resulted in a tie, but the two winners actually work well together, so it will be a combo theme contest:
“Black and white minimalism”
You have Saturday to plan out your game concept, and you may start creating your game on Sunday the 4th (your local time). The contest will end Sunday the 11th at midnight (again your local time). The following week we will then play and vote on games.
Also, since the Olympics start during the contest, you must insert the Olympic Rings somewhere in your project as an Easter Egg. This won’t necessarily affect your final ranking in the contest, but its one more thing for you to work with.
- Your game should in some way shape or form represent or be inspired by the theme.
- Premade assets are allowed as long as they are shared publically.
- Your game must include the Olympic logo as an Easter egg somewhere.
- The blend file size limit will be 40mb. Only submit the blend and data. Don’t publish the game as standalone.
- The game must be open source
- Don’t use a far-off version of Blender. If possible, use the latest version of BGE or UPBGE.
- Game must be done in a BGE-integrated engine (ie BGE, UPBGE, blend4web, armory)
- When you are done making your game, post it in Finished Games with the BGMC 27 Label before the deadline.
If you want to you can post a WIP thread to keep people up to date with your progress.
The winner will have the grand esteemed honor of hosting the next BGMC and can pick the theme, or decide how the theme is picked. Good luck!