[bgmc 31] RAT4T4

I am working with @adriansnetlis on this game.

We plan on having 2 game modes. The first is you fight against AI and the second is multiplayer. I already set up a simple network script that can accommodate up to 255 players but I will probably limit it to 5 to minimize network stress for the server. Below are some screenshots. The first is of the multiplayer test. And to be clear, it is not a LAN multiplayer (despite me running it on one system). I am hosting the game on a server which will allow anybody anywhere to join the active game. The multiplayer game will be endless. When a player dies they simply re-spawn back into the game. Total kills will be displayed on a temporary leaderboard that resets when nobody is left in the game.

6 Likes

Some level design testing. I think I will give it a sci-fi look

4 Likes

Which online resource are you using (?) @agoose77 add-on (?)

Here’s a 3D model of the player I’ve been working during this evening. Upper body is more or less done :slight_smile: Still other half + animations to do.

6 Likes

So a while ago Josip Kladaric shared with me a very basic networking system. However, I completley re-wrote it for this specific game. It is 100% different from the one he sent me so I can safely say I am not cheating by using it, since I re wrote it within the game competition time frame

Good to know :+1:

Does it actually work ONLINE or just LAN (?)

No LAN. only online

1 Like

7 Likes

Ive optimized the network script so now the server will allow 7 players in the game at a time within 128 bytes max packet size being sent to and from the server and clients

I took and gave the players’ model some legs. I think it turned out well. Still animations left to do.

7 Likes

:smiley::open_mouth::scream:
Great to see the TEAM UP Again guys man i fully support this game as well way to go guys!
srry i didint get much time to check the Discord but i will tonight!

: D

Fred/K.S

1 Like

really quality work my dudes.

1 Like

You guys have a Discord server for this game (?) Or is it just Blender_Discord (?)

This looks great. I like the textures of the arena a lot. :slight_smile:

nah its more like a Discord chat just us as friends that’s all (not for any project or anything)

Fred/K.S

1 Like

This Is Great!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

not a big discord. just a couple people in it https://discord.gg/XW8RUPm

also I’m banned from the blender discord so not there anyway

1 Like

Your link is invalid since it thinks I’m you . . .

it should be valid

1 Like

That’s weird. 2nd time it is . . .