[BGMC 32] Our project in Armory

Hi, working on this since yesterday together with a friend. We use Armory as our engine and got the general mechanics coding-wise down already. I won’t tell you the story, but it is the first time I ever wrote some stuff and to be honest I am kinda proud of it. Right now my friend is working on music and sound-effects, and I am busy doing materials for the beginning of the game. The next couple days will be totally occupied by creating the environment and scripting the story events.
Here a snippet of the music:

And a wip of the starting ship:

Assets used so far: https://www.blendswap.com/blend/5824
https://www.reddit.com/r/blender/comments/3ebzwz/free_space_hdrs_1/

8 Likes

I am looking forward to your game- I really liked the music a lot! I forgot I was listening to you music, and thought it was still Spotify playing in the background.

good luck!

1 Like

This is the post for our finished entry for the BGMC 32.

Escape from Orbit

e
After a failed experiment our nameless hero is sent to the space station A-37I to investigate the failure.
Dock your ship to the station, explore the wreckage and escape the horrors you find along the way!
Will you survive and make your escape or will you die alone in a an abandoned space station?

Creating this game was quite a challenge, since Armory is not ready at all for production yet. There were multiple points at which I thought the game could not be done, since Armory just kept on crashing. But in the end we made it through, and got a short entry for the jam done. The performance is really not great though, we recommend at least a GTX 1050ti.

Engine used: Armory
Concept: Simonrazer & Fyreman
Programming: Mainly Simonrazer, partly Fyreman
Music & SFX: Fyreman (All music and SFX have been created specifically for this project)
Modeling in Blender: Mainly Simonrazer, partly Fyreman

An OST Album will be available soon on all major music platforms

Additional Credits:
Models (most of them altered):

2 Likes

Hey, hello . good music !

Why so low fps ? Did you try to track leaks ?

Can’t wait to see more of this project.

Thanks! No memory leaks, it is just that Armory doesn’t like many objects at once in a scene, even though they share all their data.

How is the Armory project going ?