Bgmc 32

Neither did I, otherwise I would have highlighted it in the last BGMC (which I hosted). It can be pretty handy in the upcoming BGMC, at least.

1 Like

It’s been a really long time since I’ve done any game dev stuff… but I think it might be fun to get back into it for a week!

I agree that itch.io is a great place to host jams through. I don’t know how inconvenient it would be to host a BGMC on multiple platforms though.

Theme suggestion: Visual Mechanics (visual effects are game mechanics and vice versa)

3 Likes

Awesome! Thx

Yeah i think that’d be cool. Maybe we can do that with this jam already. Jams on itch are pretty simple to set up as far as i know.

Also, new theme idea: happiness

1 Like

Do we have a date decided for the competition yet?

I believe we start the monday after next @CG_Sky ?

if this is the case - we will start the poll next monday for theme VS gameplay mechanic

3 Likes

Any chance we can start next Monday?

1 Like

I’m up for that, but it could put a strain on some other people :slight_smile:

1 Like

would a vote be appropriate?

I think starting Monday sounds good. @BluePrintRandom and i will discuss the details :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Monday should be fine. regardless, I can only work on a game Tuesday-Thursday

1 Like

Do we need to get a vote up for themes/styles soon?

It’s been a while since I’ve made a game. I’d participate in this one. I see a lot of faces from my BGMC days.

Theme suggestion: Comedy

̶I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶e̶n̶s̶u̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶B̶G̶M̶C̶ ̶3̶2̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶d̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶ ̶6̶/̶2̶9̶ ̶-̶ ̶7̶/̶6̶?̶

3 Likes

here are the theme and mechanic votes

please vote !

2 Likes

Thanks BluePrintRandom, I have voted.

Just wondering what timezone the BGMC will be in?

In competitions past they set up a timer on the official thread for the competition as soon as it started, that way it was clear when it was going to end (but idk what time zone it is in, but I have never payed attention before)

1 Like

I just saw the poll results and I am very excited fro this competition, it sounds like it will be a fun one

a worldless story in space :3 epic !

2 Likes

Hi! I made a modern design logo for BGMC. :slight_smile: I hope y’all enjoy it!

Here is some wallpapers using it:

White theme:

Dark theme:

Usage

You’re all free to use it, of course you are, I did it exactly for that! Gonna include the files below.

I licensed it under a Creative Commons, CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 License. And just to explain the reasons of the license so no one will misinterpret it:

• “BY” because credits are always appreciated.
  • “NC” because it’s for a free content hosted by the community. It doesn’t mean that you can’t include it in your videos or games. Yes, you can, even a commercial one!
  • “ND” because it’s a logo and it’s meant to be easily recognizable and distinctable from other logos. So a similar one will not be cool.

Download it Here!

I packed all the versions of the logo - white, dark, with and without alpha, some variations and the wallpapers - here:

Extra

While I was trying to came up with a minimalistic logo, I ended up accidentally creating a Bank logo (lol):

Edit: Theme Announced!

Wow, the theme is out and it is: a wordless story in space. So I made some wallpapers for it! :slight_smile:

8 Likes